Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ampeg V4BH comments?

Tuomas

I think I am buying this one but theres one thing I am not sure yet. The amp is rated 100w all-tube head. So my bands guitarists have 30w and 50w guitar combos which are loud. And I was wondering is 100w enough.. We dont play heavy metal but we play pretty loud. And now I am playing through Ampeg b2r 350w solid-state amp. Have any of you played with this amp? I would appreciate any comments and particularly concerning how loud it is. OK, thanks.

PS. I live in Finland and theres no way I could buy SVT because it is much more expensive here than there, so comments on THIS amp would be the best. :thu:

Don't eat yellow snow.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard they are, or at least were, nice amps. But, they are a bit old if I am not mistaken, and old amps often need a lot of care to keep them going, which can be expensive. And, Ampeg tended to use tubes that were plentiful back in the day, but can be hard to find replacements for these days.

But, if you can keep them going and are into a more vintage sound, I am told the V4Bs were good sounding amps.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

A friend just bought one, and it is loud enough. Remember, you can drive two Ampeg 8x10 cabinets with an SVT, so if you're not insane the V4BH should be enough.

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Archived