Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trip To Sadowskys today

57pbass

I had the day off on all fronts today so I took a trip to Sadowsky Guitars.

I had plenty of time and the shop was quiet so I had a chance to check out a few basses and guitars..

First and foremost..

The new Sadowsky all tube amp is a great product..

It was set up with a Sadowsky 2 x 10 and a Sadowsky 4 x 10. The head weighs in about 40 lbs and it does not have a big footprint..its not as deep as the Aguilars stuff and Roger said it will fit into a 4 space shallow SKB ..

I played a few P/J basses that are on his site..a few J Basses and a few 5 strings..

The amp sounds amazing...my favorite feature is the Drive switch..a small toggle on the face of the amp that overdrives the gain to perfection...

I also got a chance to hang with Roger Sadowsky for about 1/2 hour which was very enjoyable...

If you are ever in town its worth the trip into Brooklyn...

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounded like a good trip. I was to visit that store as well, but had to cut my trip due to the blizzard you guys had up there.

Is it a big shop?

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Originally posted by Matt W:

Have I mentioned that I am week in the knees with P/J lust lately.

You're not helping.

:thu:

Looks like you owe the funky Doctor a play date.

I know how you feel... now its worse especially after yesterdays visit....

www.danielprine.com

Sweets ....

since I was absolved of my domestic duties on Monday ..... I RAN out the door before the Misses changed her mind..and I did not even tell her I was going to Sadowskys....

so..before my next trip I shall notify my bass playing brothers and sisters from the forum ....I think you all would love the Sadowsky tube head and cabs and basses and guitars and hanging with Roger... :D

www.danielprine.com

Seeing a great 40 pound tube amp with a big price tag? No thanks (my back tells my ears)

Playing Sadowsky basses, some of which I already think are fine instruments? ouch!

Hanging with Roger? Priceless.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived