Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The city so nice they named it twice

_Sweet Willie_

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, Willie, because Oz Noy is playing in San Francisco on 3/21 with Jonathan Herrera on bass.

That's a pretty brutal schedule...play until the wee hours, sleep a few hours, get up, get on a plane, fly coast to coast, do a quick sound-check and rehearsal and play until the wee hours all over again.

Originally posted by jeremy c:

Interesting, Willie, because Oz Noy is playing in San Francisco on 3/21 with Jonathan Herrera on bass.

I will not be seeing Oz Noy on 3/20. Apparently my friend, who was arranging the outing, neglected to note that Oz's 3/20 gig at the Bitter End is the Bitter End LA and not the Bitter End NY. :cry:

Looks like I need to delay until April... :(

That's a much more reasonable travel schedule!

Enjoy the gig on 3/21, Jeremy!

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I don't know, Arwin. :confused:

Some slouch named Anton Fig is playing drums for that gig. And some slouch named Will Lee will be playing bass. Considering the headliner is such a slouch on guitar, I can't imagine that there's anything noteworthy there for you at all. :P

Sorry, man. Stay home and get cozy w/ an offering from NetFlix. ;)

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Although I can't imagine ever moving too far away from Chicago, I used to visit NYC at least twice a year. But having kids and traveling for work put a brutal stop to those visits. The last time I was there was December 31, 1999. I watched the ball drop in a crushing mob. My feet were not touching the ground for at least 5 minutes at a time, and when I dropped my cell phone, it could only make it down to my shoulder.

I am lucky enough, however, to be visiting NY in a week, but only for a day. Yeah! :)

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

I don't know, Arwin. :confused:

Some slouch named Anton Fig is playing drums for that gig. And some slouch named Will Lee will be playing bass. Considering the headliner is such a slouch on guitar, I can't imagine that there's anything noteworthy there for you at all. :P

Sorry, man. Stay home and get cozy w/ an offering from NetFlix. ;)

Peace.

--Dub $$

I can't seem to find any info on the show other than a little mention in oz noy's site under his schedule.

I guess I'll have to show up at the door and hope the tickets aren't sold out. :eek:

Thanks for the advice S-dub ;)

Having only spent a total of 18 hours in Manhattan proper - I don't feel properly qualified to fall in love with NYC - however, the parts I did see and, more importantly, the people I met there certainly do stand out to make the place somewhere I could love.

We were let loose in the city by a friend of ours who works just off Times Sq - so first impressions weren't the best for me (it's a tall Leicester Sq) - it's when we strolled with our coffee, in a blizzard down to 35th and I caught my first sight of the Empire State that I started to warm to the place. What a fantastic building!

Walked down Broadway to the Continental at the bottom of 3rd and back - got well deserved blisters - at good greek food and enjoyed the city on foot. Union Sq was a welcome respite from the Walk/Don't Walk sidewalks. Was nice to walk diagonally.

Given a few more visits and a few more drunken nights on a pier in Hoboken looking across the river - I'm sure I'm going to get my New York State of mind. :)

Great place you've got there.

While reading the gig info above, it hit me. I never heard of Oz Noy before I saw him mentioned here. I've never seen or heard him, but I wonder if he's somehow related. I think I might be his long-lost brother, An.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived