Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Unusual Poll

Jabinski

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insert nonsense here

Do people who play the washboard think of it as playing an acoustic washing machine?

My Dad bought my Mom a piano for her birthday. A few weeks later, I asked how she was doing with it. "Oh," said My Dad, "I persuaded her to switch to a clarinet." "How come?" I asked. "Well," he answered, "because with a clarinet, she

can't sing."

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

If you're having it with yourself, then you should each be able to look at it from two distinctly different points; and from the amount of rotational movement of the forum, triangulate whether or not you are the epicenter or axis of said rotation.

Of course, where your head is, it may be too dark for you to see... but do try to take accurate measurements. Show all work for extra credit.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Eddie's correct, I didn't say who me was. He'd rather stay anonymous so I have to respect that.

Danzilla, I'm afraid what you speak of sounds distinctly like science, something I simply cannot comprehend.

Perhaps you could talk to myself and ask him if he's any better at it. We're not on speaking terms due to the unresolved nature of the debate. btw, I think he's wrong.

'Do people who play the washboard think of it as playing an acoustic washing machine?'

Reminds me of what Victor Wooten said in his interview at Bass Day '98. He said that he likes to be inspired by things other than music and musicians. He suggest that we give our bases to dump truck drivers (who don't also play bass) and golfers (who also do not play bass) so that we can see the universiality of the instrument from an inumerable multiplicity of human perspectives (well, 6 billion anyway).

I've given my bass to recruitment consultants (who don't play bass) and footballers (who again neglected to learn the bass) and I've been underwhelmed by the attempts. Ok, once your finger tips get over the blister stage and your hands work out how to stretch the big frets, it's a simple instrument to start (hard to master), but this phase last a couple of weeks for some people and the results prior to this blossoming are often dire in terms of inpiration.

I cant' believe the results of the poll...so far 38% agree with the proposition that this forum revolves around me.

Vote!

I'm back in bass!

Archived