Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Gospel CD to purchase

57pbass

I am looking to purchase a Gospel CD with a great bass player and band...

any suggestions..

It should have some Hammond B 3..

slammin bass..

slammin drummer...

slamming choir..

I want to be moved...

I want to jump up and down and wave my hands all around when listening.. :D

you get the idea..

Thanks

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have exactly ONE Gospel disc. It's some of the most slammin', groovin', and uplifting music I've ever heard.

The rhythm section is a POWERHOUSE and, the kid playing bass is, like, 15 years old.

THE CHICAGO MASS CHOIR: LIVE IN NASHVILLE

"I don't play Bass..I play SONGS."

Old school -

"Lift Him Up" by Ron Kenoly. He has other, newer ones out (this is early '90s) but I can't think of the names. I like "Lift Him Up" specifically because of the time in my walk that I heard it, and especially because the bass player is Abe Laboriel. Great bassist, great music.... you WILL be moved! :thu:

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Oh no....... double post! :eek:

Some of the newer stuff to look for (IMO) is anything with Hezekiah Walker or Israel Houghton on the label. We do a lot of their stuff at my church, and the bass lines really keep this old hillbilly 'shedding! But it's a great opportunity for me to learn and magnificent worship!

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Fred Hammond! I am hooked on his cds.. the latest " something 'bout love" is more like r%b but there are some gems. I just got an older one yesterday- Fred hammond and Radical for Christ Speak those things is also awesome. It is POWERFUL music, and I have wave my hand all ove while i am driving. People thnk I am nuts... i have to check some of the other reccomendations here

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

fred hammond is my boy...i would put him in the more contemporary gospel file.

He is a bass player as well and he plays on some tracks on his albums [He played bass with commissioned and the winans back before i was old enough to listen to music] and the bass players that he brings onto his albums are really good as well.

Today i was listening to some more traditional gospel music by Bishop Paul Morton. The album is called "Let it Rain". If you've never heard Gouche play outside of the stuff that he did for bass player magazine, you're missing out.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

there's a lot of great stuff out there, i checked into my brother Gospel7theZealot's suggestions and i will certainly pick a couple of those up. But Fred Hammond touches me in a special way, I thank the Lord God so much for Fred. He sings from so deep within his soul and gives such sincere praise, you just KNOW he's on fire for the Lord.

Radical for Christ is right!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived