Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

All your threads are mine

Yeah I'm repeating myself. Ok here's the explanation for last nights and this mornings post. I went to the best party last night. My friend Andrew and his wife Karen recently moved into a new house and they had a get together. So I get there and Andrew is cooking shish kabobs. He has like 20 done and he's cooking more. Then he starts cooking Bratwurst, like 4 packages, then he cooks about 15 hamburgers. I've never seen any body do this. He mixed Carolina Treet barbecue sauce with the meat. It was too good. All this time we're drinking beer. There was about 10 cases of beer. Labatts Blue is very good. Then, there was Russian vodka. That's what hurts. Somewhere in there we ate too much food. Ceasar Salad, the grilled stuff, chips, etc., etc., etc. Andrew comes outside with a white milky liquid, we're partying on the deck with about 20 people. This is Pearl saki. That is puke juice. I can tell from one sip. Stay away from that. Then he starts cooking again, grilled chicken wings, never got any of those. That's a synopsis, insert a shot of Vodka every 10 minutes and you get the idea. Damn, that was fun. I spent a long time talking to a woman about literacy. Two or three times a year she spends her own money to take books to kids in Belize. She used to work for an archaeoligist down there and just started doing this thing. She flies down there and delivers books to about 200 kids that go to a school in a small town there. I sat there swinging on a glider with her for a couple of hours talking about that. It was strangely erotic. Andrew is a world class potter. If you ever come to Charlotte, go to Pottery Central and buy something. He is phenomenal. The guy is a true artist. Ok here's the music tie in. Andrew is also a really good Elvis impersonator, which is funny as hell because he's only about 5ft. 8in. tall and doesn't resemble Elvis that much. Anyway we're talking about putting an act together, he'll sing and do his Elvis thing, I'll play guitar, and we'll do some of those old rock songs. He really is good. It's freaking hilarious, he's got the white jumpsuit and everything. So the point of this post is, I do have real friends and I don't need you guys any more. Bite me Wager.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor guy! I wonder whether ALL of his friends are alcoholics or just the Elvis pottery guy. Only five-foot eight? How tall was the REAL Elvis? I saw a Short Elvis in Vegas one time - 5'6" max! Too funny! Hey WeWus, try to find some friends who don't need to pickle their livers to have a good time. You'll live longer and have more fun 'cause your weenie will actually work when you get that literary babe into the sack. Just a thought. Better living through chemistry was just an ad slogan for a carcinogen spewing toxic waste manufacturer. You didn't really FALL for that nonsense did you? If so, I'm taking a collection to have Reagan's head engraved onto Mt. Rushmore. I'm trying to raise funds to have enough rock added so that he can have Bonzo right there by his side. It's a worthy tribute to a great man, lousy actor, incompetent snoozaholic, father of runaway national debt, sponsor of death squads, right hand man of Senator McCarthy - great man! Can't let him go onto the rock without his chimp sidekick, though. So what do you say, WeWus old buddy? Can I put you down for five-thousand? How about ten? Did I mention that drinking isn't good for you? Oh dear, sorry the liquor must be going to my brain. I'm really getting giddy. I just saw a Touched By And Angel and Della Reese was starting to look good! What's that Irish angel's name? What she one of Charlie's Angels? Who cares, she can touch me anywhere she wants. "Nee-ne-ne-neet nee-neet nee-neet...Can't Touch Dis!" Ever wonder why Hammer wore those genie pants? Maybe he's got a weenie like Michael Jackson. Barbara Eden, now THAT was a genie! How could Larry Hagman have been such a wuss on that show and such a bad ass on Dallas? Good actor! Better than Reagan, anyway, but that's not saying a whole lot. Anyway, you don't have to come back Wewus. I've got your stream of consciousness thing down. I'll keep the troops entertained. Unless you want to. Just so easy on the sauce, okay. Kids read this stuff. DRUGS ARE EVIL! Especially tobacco. But that comes from Carolina, so Wewus is prohibited by Jesse Helms from talking about it. Good God, can you imagine Jesse getting naked? Holy Cow! Literally! Hey, it it true that Charlotte has a Billy Graham Parkway? Of course it is! I was THERE, or how would I know such rubbish? Anyway, happy trails wherever you are, old chum. Tell the folks at Betty Ford we all said Hi! And don't come back until you're good and dry! "How dry I am...How dry I am..." Your buddy, The Walrus

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Wager, that's funny. Hey, check this out. I just did a google search for the word [b]wierd[/b] and got 358,000 hits. Apparently there is some dispute about the correct spelling. Sort of like that Motzart thing.( [i]here we go again[/i] ) I guess that makes you a wiener, or do you prefer weiner? I'm such a rebel, I always choose the least used spelling, but look at FranknKemps's thread, Holly [b]wierd[/b] Dinner Poll. Wierd, huh?

The rule is i before e except after c. There are exceptions to this rule. Here's a website that explains the whole thing. [url=http://www.spelling.org/Books/Mastering_I_before_E.htm]I before e website[/url] Apparently people spell anything, any damn way they want to because the spelling wierd is all over the web although weird is more widely used.

You forgot half of the rule: "I" before "e" except after "c" or when sounding like "a" as in "neighbor" and "weigh". "Weird," being a rather weird word, does not follow the rules. German has very strict "ie" vs. "ei" rules; words derived from German follow those rules. For English speakers, pronounce the second letter of either combination. "Stein" is pronounced "shtine" using English vowel sounds. "Wieviel" is pronounced "vee-feel". The word "either" follows the Germanic pronunciation scheme (pronounced "EYE-ther"). I always say "EE-ther," a remnant of my Pennsylvanian roots.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived