Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great bass on EBAY

57pbass

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The photos are not of sufficient size or quality, but I think I could get a Carvin with the same wood choices and have a much better bass. I don't see anything remarkable about that bass, now, today, for the price that's probably wanted.

Not to mention that I'd hate a 36" scale for the G and C strings, and wonder about the D. It might be a good bass for tuning it C#0-F#0-B-E-A-D though.

I never saw a -1 feedback on EBAY..I THINK that bass belong to Tony Cimorsi who writes ( or wrote) for Bassics Mag...

The pix are real bad

GB I know you are a man of great wisdom but I think that is a nice instrument for that price..not slighting Carvin gear... I do own an Abe bass and have played a few of his instruments and they where all very very nice.....when you come to the Big Apple you can check mine out...

www.danielprine.com

Hey Dan,

It may be nice, but the pictures sure don't make it seem so. Not much better than Wish bass photos {which is probably a blessing in that case ;} ...Also, since 1987 the general level of bass luthiery has advanced. I'm guessing his recent instruments are more obviously cool.

GB.

Actually his basses are on the "raw side" not machined (aside from cutting)..

he does lot of sanding..his basses look slightly imperfect and the electronics are usually bad..

I had to get my bass rewired..

I agree the pix are horrible...

www.danielprine.com

Archived