Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Warwick

Barks

I have had my Warwick Streamer LX 4 string now for just over 2 years. (I've been playing around 10 years.)

At first I wasn't sure about it - it felt a bit wierd with the small body, and the lowest notes seemed a big stretch away.

Sure the balance was great, and the neck is very slim, and even better, the sound was getting me compliments. I just didn't love it!

Now I seem to be growing with it as my 'old faithfull'. Every time I pick up a different bass (I'm afraid I have a few lying around!) it is great for a little while and then I get to wondering how the line I am playing would sound on my Warwick....and it nearly always sounds better!

This bass seems to be able to do it all - Motown to Marcus, chord noodles to basic rock. Cool!

Does anyone else with multiple basses at their disposal have the same thoughts about just one bass?

My other instuments are getting jealous.

'The most important thing is to settle on a bass then commit to it. Get to know your bass inside and out and play it in every situation you can.' Marcus Miller

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I opened the case of one of my basses the other day but didn't even bother pulling it out. I just stuck in a strap "in case I ever needed to use this bass."

My 'wick gets all my biz as well. 'Cept for the URB.

Even my humble Ashbory is sitting in the garage...of course, the broken G string inhibits me, and those things are so damn hard to find.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

When I won the Lakland Darryl Jones 5 last year, I played it for the first month or two that I got it. It's really nice, with a great neck; but a bit too bright. I worked out some of the kinks in the tone, but somehow I just kept going back to my Epi Les Paul 5. I still pull out the Lakland, and used it all last week (the strings must have finally worn off all the extra brightness, cause now it sounds SUPER), but the LP is still my favorite. I guess having had it for 5 years has allowed me to know how to get what I want out of it. Maybe in a few years I'll be saying htat about the DJ. Na; by then, I'll have a custom job that will put the others to rest... I can dream, right?

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Since I got my Warwick 6 string 4 years ago I have never even looked at either of my two 4 strings. In fact I've almost started to feel guilty about them being about doing nothing. I have lent one to a friends son and he seems to be taken with it. Nothing compares to the Warwick, plus 4 strings feel to strange now.

Well, my story is somewhat different: I have these two basses You see below, with the Fernandes being the first one and thus being somewhat special.

The Warwick was/is my dream-bass, has all these wonderful tones and whenever i switch from the Fernandes to the Warwick i feel the quality difference.

The Fernandes pops better though. I can't seem to get a fat pop sound out of the Warwick...In the end, both basses get a fair amount of playtime.

Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5, Fernandes LEB-2

Ashdown ABM-300, Ashdown ABM 4x10

Did you get the Thumb, glorth2?
'The most important thing is to settle on a bass then commit to it. Get to know your bass inside and out and play it in every situation you can.' Marcus Miller

Originally posted by Barks:

This bass seems to be able to do it all - Motown to Marcus, chord noodles to basic rock. Cool!

I don't have other fretted basses but I know what you mean! My Warwick is like a neck-thru version of yours, with the relatively unusual reverse-P/J pickup arrangement which I find (along with the resonant woods and OBP-3) makes the bass so versatile tonewise that I've never managed to work out what other basses I need to get the sounds that I'm theoretically missing out on. Because I've already got them all! :D

Alex

Archived