Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guess What I Bought

davio

I just got the most amazing deal on an AccuGroove Bill Dickens 212 cab. I'll be going to pick it up in the next few days from Bass Central. Those guys rock my face off! Sorry for the teenage colloquialism but I thought it was mildly appropriate. I got a better deal on it than I could find on anything else along the lines of what I wanted.

For those of you that were there, it's the very same cab I was playing through in everybody\'s favorite picture.

To make things even more mind blowing, I'm going to Clearwater tomorrow to check out a brand new 5 string Dingwall Afterburner 1. Apparently some guy bought this beautiful 2005 model because he's been playing 4 string Fenders for years and he wanted to try a 5. He looked into it and figured that this was the best he could do for his budget but he ended up not liking having a low B string so he's selling it in new condition (said he's played it about 8 times) with the tools that come with it, 2 extra sets of Dingwall string and a Dingwall hard case at a jaw-dropping price.

...and get this guys, it's BLACK so it's already one of the loudest basses I could ever play but once I plug it into the AG, bowels the world over will quiver.

Just wanted to express my sheer joy and once more plug BASS CENTRAL for giving me an amazing deal!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One caveat, davio. Your Bill Dickens is a 4 ohm cabinet, NOT a 4 OR 8 ohm cabinet. It won't matter unless you have (like I had) a power amp that bridges to 8 ohms minimum. If you do, the smoke will get out (like mine did). Now my beloved Peavey sits at the factory until god knows when waiting to be rebuilt, assuming that it is not prohibitively expensive to do so.

www.ethertonswitch.com

davio: I just got the most amazing deal on an AccuGroove Bill Dickens 212 cab. I'll be going to pick it up in the next few days from Bass Central. Those guys rock my face off!
Congrats! Not a light cab, but a true powerhouse. As the man said, you are dealing with a four-ohm cab, which in this case will leverage a power amp better anyway.

To make things even more mind blowing, I'm going to Clearwater tomorrow to check out a brand new 5 string Dingwall Afterburner 1. Apparently some guy bought this beautiful 2005 model because he's been playing 4 string Fenders for years and he wanted to try a 5. He looked into it and figured that this was the best he could do for his budget but he ended up not liking having a low B string so he's selling it in new condition (said he's played it about 8 times) --
Wow. He really invested some diligence into learning to work it ; } ... his loss, your gain : }

Congrats on the cab. Good luck with the fish.

I'm a bit taken with the 2-wheeled persuasion right now but it looks like you are picking up my slack in the gear buying area. Good job!

Thank you...thank you...

I'll be signing autographs at the table by the door. Please stand in line and wait your turn.

I couldn't be happier right now! Maybe that's because I'll be playing a Dingwall in about 2 hours and I'll have the AG in 24.

way2phat and gb, I'll be using my Crown XLS 402 for the time being so 4 Ohms bridged is no prob. I'll be keeping an eye out for a good price on a DPC1400X though as that will make my amp much less burdensome and I've heard nothing but high praise about them.

RicBassGuy, no. :P

FEI (For Everyone's Information), today is the final day of moving for me from my dorm in Lakeland to an apartment in Winter Haven that my room mate and I will be living in. This will be my last post for a few days at the least until we get cable, internet and all that good stuff hooked up.

I'll be back to post pics and reviews once everything is set up at the new pad.

Congrats Davio !!!

Lessee - you got your AccuGroove and Dingwal, I got my Lull...

Wassup with BGO and ATM??? We know they're not immune to GAS, we saw the grins and sweat and drool when they tried stuff out at BC...

Slackers.. they're just GAS Slackers, I say.

Bah Humbug to them and "Yes, Santa, I've been good" to us!

(uhh, pics please?)

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

I think David needs to pay respect to the person who found his Dingwall and gave him the guy's number. (Funky waits.....) Oh wait, and sold his preamp for him so he would have more money for a new power amp.(Funky waits patiently again.....) Enjoy man and we will get together really soon. Dickens/Whappo Jam session in the AP chapel.

ATM did such a good job with that Journey video-blog that you should have him and his camera over again, davio. Plus he should be the first guest to try out the new rig IMHO. And THAT should be video-blogged as well.

:wave:

Archived