Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WHOAH!!! Beyoncé Knowles "Work It Out"...??!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's growing on me. The first time I heard it, I kept thinking "OK, when is the intro going to be over?....Uh, is the song going to start....hmmmm?......Geez, it's over!" :) It's interesting how a whole song can be made out of cliche "asides" that singers often use. And I'm not saying that to diss. And why is it that when she repeatedly asks the band to "break it down" for her, the band IGNORES her! :) :p

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Yeah... I don't really get the way she keeps saying "break it down," but DAMN... that song has got a seriously nasty groove. Beyonce got me hooked. Oh yeah... she's fucking HOT, too.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Really good vocals and presence from Beyonce'... Really bad musical attempt at retro-funk! But damn, those thighs on her in the video could convince me of anythang!! She would be better off singing over the Bootsy "We Got The Funk" NBA commercial music..
TROLL . . . ish.

Where do you guys here stuff like this? I can't find anything on the dial except Sinatra, teeny pop, and classic rock. Curve has an unfair advantage. Eastern Pennsylvania has the best radio stations on the planet.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

From that Maxim site: [quote]Crazy chemistry: “When we meet guys, the other girls can always tell the ones that I’ll like because they’re the weirdest ones. I don’t know why I’m attracted to them—maybe I’m like that too.”[/quote]I'm really weird...even more so in person...[i]er, um, I'm also married...FUCK![/i] :D :freak:

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]Where do you guys here stuff like this? I can't find anything on the dial except Sinatra, teeny pop, and classic rock. Curve has an unfair advantage. Eastern Pennsylvania has the best radio stations on the planet.[/b][/quote]I've never heard her on radio - just through TV promos for Goldmember and she was on The Tonight Show yesterday.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

I've said before here that that track is straight GARBAGE. But...I can understand the direction. Get rid of everything but the drum program and get a band and a real horn section to play over it, with the live drums laid behind the program. I'd like to say the Neptunes know better (or rather Chad knows better)...but I dunno. That said...It's all about Beyonce'. That voice, that...everything, head to toe nail. Damn! Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

ok I found a link to a video clip: [url=http://sonymusic.com/artists/BeyonceKnowles/Video/WorkItOutVid_300.asx]Work it Out...short clip (Fast Connection required)[/url] I also found a link to hear the whole song... The track is horrible...just not cool IMO. BUT Beyonce is fantastic. [b]Oh my![/b]: [img]http://www.jamfree.com/beyonceoldman.jpg[/img]

[b]Topic: WHOAH!!! Beyoncé Knowles "Work It Out"...??!!![/b] [quote]Originally posted by riffing: [b]Beyonce pix [url=http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/girl_935.html]here[/url] [/b][/quote]yow- Work [i]THIS[/i] Out [img]http://homepage.mac.com/wager/.Pictures/master4.gif[/img]

[quote]Originally posted by riffing: [b]Beyonce pix [url=http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/girl_935.html]here[/url] [/b][/quote]Damn, I just got shut down by the TASCAM Titty Police, otherwise known as the "403 error: organizational policies forbid the viewing of this page" rule. Ah well...I can see Beyonce from the comfort of my own home later tonight. :) - Jeff

[quote]Damn, I just got shut down by the TASCAM Titty Police, otherwise known as the "403 error: organizational policies forbid the viewing of this page" rule.[/quote]WOW...that's a really low threshold Tascam has there...I mean Maxim is a no nudity site right? No Titties! What CAN you view on the web? I feel for you man...the web is just no fun without the occasional female photo layout...major stress reliever. :)

[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]It's growing on me. The first time I heard it, I kept thinking "OK, when is the intro going to be over?....Uh, is the song going to start....hmmmm?......Geez, it's over!" :) It's interesting how a whole song can be made out of cliche "asides" that singers often use. And I'm not saying that to diss. And why is it that when she repeatedly asks the band to "break it down" for her, the band IGNORES her! :) :p [/b][/quote]Couldn't agree more...has that cheesy Neptunes sound that for some reason seems to work...but the more I hear, the more I like it.

"This tastes like paste"

-RALPH WIGGUM

While we're on The Neptunes, I'd like to say the track they made on Faith Evans last CD called "Burning up" is killer. Anyone else heard it? I'll try to find a link. It took me a while to get it (as with any Neptunes prod) but man I'm hooked big time now!!!

FYI... The Neptunes did not produce "Work It Out," Pharrell Williams and Hugo Chavez did. The Neptunes DID produce another track on the Goldmember soundtrack: "Boys," featuring Britney Spears and Pharrell Williams. That is also a cool track, not as dope as "Work It Out," but still kinda dope. There are other dope tracks on the Goldmember soundtrack...here are some Curve faves: #4: Angie Stone, "Groove Me." A classic oldie, although I have to admit I still like the original better. #5: Earth Wind & Fire, "Shining Star." WHOAH! Still a dope recording after all these years. #9: Paul Oakenfold, "1975." FIERCE!!! FUCKING FIERCE PROGRESSIVE HOUSE!!! 'Nuff said. #10: Dr. Evil, "Hard Knock Life." I played this track for some folks who were visiting the Lab tonight, and they were LITERALLY falling off their chairs, I shit you not. Just wait until you hear it, it is a fucking scream. I can't WAIT to go see this movie now.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

[quote]aliengroover posted: [b]I've said before here that that track is straight GARBAGE. But...I can understand the direction.[/b][/quote]aliengroover, I totally understand this reaction. It IS garbage - [b]festive[/b] garbage, interesting garbage. It's FUN, and SEXY. Most importantly, it is unique and unpredictable. It breathes life, this track. It jerks and sways relentlessly, like wet, sweaty, dirty, pumping sex. The Curve has a deep appreciation for this type of artistic expression. Wasn't all early rock & roll considered garbage? Sexual perversion? Race music? This track is modern rock & roll. YMMV.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

hey halljams- there's something i've been wanting to tell you for awhile... your avatar pic is not showing up. sorry to break it to ya. [img]http://www.cardfarm.com/tvdance/austinpowers2/minisway-.gif[/img] [img]http://www.cardfarm.com/tvdance/austinpowers2/minisway-.gif[/img]

Yes, the Neptunes are indeed Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo. Their production company/label is called Star Trak Entertainment. Along with their partner Shay, they form the recording act named N.E.R.D. And they are based in Virginia Beach (also home to mentor Teddy Riley and Timbaland). I see where you're coming from, Curve...but I still can't stand it. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived