Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar/Cakewalk Users...Anybody dabbling on Studioware???

I decided to play around and create my first Cakewalk Studioware Panel for my Electrix FilterFactory effects unit... finished with the panel design and currently attempting to write sysex/controller parameters on the knobs and buttons. So far got the cutoff frequency knob and resonance knob responding. Anybody tried to "roll their own" Studioware Panel? Any tips and tricks? BTW, here's a screenshot of what I got so far... [img]http://members.aol.com/fpido/EFFSP.jpg[/img] Pretty neat eh? :) :thu:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very very nice ive decided i HAVE to make some for my Roland MC-307, which is a cheap and simple 'groovebox' kind of unit but i still use it for a few sounds and midi stuff... obviously being roland theres NO support and being a quirky unit theres no "fan club" type representation online also im wondering if i will have to do the same for my AKAI MPC2000XL all our other synths are fine damn that studioware of yours look nice good work

[quote]Originally posted by Gus Lozada: [b]I have not done ever anything like that. How did you create the graphics?[/b][/quote]Gus. I originally wanted to create a very simple studioware design using the stock buttons, knobs and clusters but I found this very nice, clean front panel gif file from Electrix's website and I thought it would be perfect for my studioware panel. I actually went ahead and got permission from Lisa Tyner, Division Manager for IVL Technologies (makers of the Electrix line of products) to use the graphics for the panel. So a little Photoshop here and there, cropping out the buttons and knobs, saved them as bitmap files and used it as foreground/background graphics on top of the stock buttons and knobs. Walla...

[quote]Originally posted by DeafMix: [b]Gus. I originally wanted to create a very simple studioware design using the stock buttons, knobs and clusters but I found this very nice, clean front panel gif file from Electrix's website and I thought it would be perfect for my studioware panel. I actually went ahead and got permission from Lisa Tyner, Division Manager for IVL Technologies (makers of the Electrix line of products) to use the graphics for the panel. So a little Photoshop here and there, cropping out the buttons and knobs, saved them as bitmap files and used it as foreground/background graphics on top of the stock buttons and knobs. Walla...[/b][/quote]That explains everything ! Cool job, man :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Director de Ventas, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

nicely done when you say "cropped out".... i hope you saved some time and used the bundled program IMAGE READY and used the super cool and fast Slicing... otherwise i commend you for your patience chopping and coding when do you aim to have it completed? let me know when its done.... i can mirror it on some of our servers if you want

Archived