Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GiGsPaM: Second Lucy in NYC Thursday, 11/3

getz out

I hope everyone is doing well.

Second Lucy will be performing at the Pussycat Lounge in downtown Manhattan on Thursday, November 3, 2005. Show time is scheduled for 7:30 PM.

The Pussycat Lounge features two types of entertainment. Upstairs you will find live music. Downstairs you will find live dancing. Some people refer to the dancing performed in the downstairs portion of the club as "go-go." We'll be upstairs, please join us.

I hope to see you there. We appreciate everyone's continued support.

- What? -

Second Lucy plays rock and roll, www.myspace.com/secondlucy.

- Where? -

The Pussycat Lounge, 96 Greenwich St., New York, NY 212.349.4800

- When? -

Thursday, November 3, 2005, 7:30 PM

Cover is $8 at the door; $6 if you bring the a printed copy of the flyer attached

- Why? -

It's almost Friday. Plus, if we suck you can go downstairs and support someone's college education or whatever you want to rationalize it as...

http://www.secondlucy.com/live/data/0015/_res/id=sa_File1/flyer.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pernax, I'll buy you a beer! (Don't forget I'll be in Hamburg, GE, on December 9th... I'll buy you a beer there, too.)

No, greenboy, it would be aptly named if it were so. However, I was alluding to Mercury Lounge. Great sound on stage at that venue. Unfortunately, there is some baggage with management that comes with that perk...

Not sure yet, but this is possible. Will know more next week.

I was hoping the stage was built like greenboy said. That way I don't have to travel so far when nature calls.

Have a good time !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Happy gigging!

Parent-teacher conferences for me that night. You're a good man, but I love my daughter more. Sorry.

Peace.

--Dub $$

PS: See, Ace, I miss other people's gigs too!

it's not neglect if there are strippers involved.

damn rehearsals. i'll be trying to prepare a new song or two for another ME show (modern electric, not ME personally) tonight, so the least i can do is...

BUMP

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Thanks for Tom and Wally coming out!

Fun show, bad mix in the "monitors" and a hollow stage that soaked up anything in the general vicinity. We've played better shows in better venues with better energy, but it was fun nonetheless.

Tom, Todd the drummer described you as being "ferocious as a pit bull on a bone" with that mailing list. Thanks!

Hey Maury - sorry it took me so long to post.

Todd gave me the sign-up clipboard to stop me from breaking down his drums. Still, it gave me the opportunity to spend some time with some women in the balcony.

Wally and I did indeed catch this show. It started by test-driving the dirty snowball (Maury's new Lull) on Greenwich St. Wow - it's so light, and soooo smooth. The maple neck is one piece, but the way it was cut there is almost no visible grain - except for a diamond-shaped figure in the middle of the neck.

Unlike Ace's gig, there was a Fender bass cab on the stage, which Maury powered with his Eden. Together, it sounded beautiful.

Except for the tinny vocal sound, everything sounded pretty damn good. The band was spot on (as usual), and Maury's parts have expanded. When I saw him in the previous band, there were lots of simple-support parts. Now his parts move to fit the music. He went for one upper register fill (in my honor, I think). A fine performance, and the crowd was on the edge of getting up and dancing (which is probably forbidden in NYC rock clubs). The lead guy Dana announced that they were The Maury Spadoto Band because most of the support consisted of Maury's friends and coworkers.

Wally and I got to hang at a nearby watering hole for a bit after. Great show - great hang!

Tom

P.S. yes - Wally and I helped carry equipment to the second floor room.

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived