Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rockabilly URBs

St_Genesius

A few weeks ago, I stumbled onto the site of a manufacturer who makes URBs specifically for the Rockabilly/Punkabilly/Psychobilly crowd. It seemed like almost all of them had hot-rod flames painted on them, etc.

But for the life of me, I can't recall the name of the manufacturer nor their web address and Google has been unhelpful in re-finding it.

Ring any bells? Any ideas?

For sale: 1992 or 1993 Carvin LB20F fretless 4-string with lines. Black with black hardware. Good player, fair amount of wear. $250 shipped.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the one! Thanks, Dave. I checked their delaer listings and apparently there's one in my town...though I've never heard of it and the address suggests that it's located in an office building. Still, I'll have to go check them out. At the $3,500ish level, there are a lot of other options both new and used, but I might as well give them a shot if there are playable models in town.
For sale: 1992 or 1993 Carvin LB20F fretless 4-string with lines. Black with black hardware. Good player, fair amount of wear. $250 shipped.

I read about King basses somewhat briefly a week or so ago. It was an interview with Lee Rocker (Stray Cats) about music in general and also about his playing. He had some good things to say about the King basses. I think the interview is in Rockabilly Magazine . And if anyone knows Rockabilly bass, it's Lee Rocker!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Yeah, looking at their site, I noticed that Jimbo Wallace also plays one of their basses. That's probably how I found the website in the fist place: through a link at some RHH site. Not a bad pedigree, to be sure, but I've never been one to buy something just because a player I like uses it.

And I've never read Rockabilly Magazine. Any good? I checked out their site and $25 for six issues seems pretty steep unless it's of EXCELLENT quality.

Archived