Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which of these lighting FX looks best?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, for real - I like the looks of the Trance Wheel for the ripply effect - looks like they all do about the same thing to me, except the Retro Beam, which looks more like the classic 60's kind of psychedelic blobs. Retro Beam would be my favorite. :D Now, these opinions are based on looking at the websites, not actual experience with these units. Just remember that the light effect is liable to get old fast, so if you must do it I say go for the most variable one possible, and try not to use it ALL the time. It'll have more effect that way. :wave:

Can't go wrong with a good old fashioned strobe light. Looks like everything is going in slow motion. Makes drummers look like they have extra arms. Makes people walk into walls. Puts some people into seizures -nice for dramatic flair. Yup, the strobe has it all! :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I agree with Franknputer said. The Retrobeam is my favorite then the Trance Wheel. orginally posted by Super 8 [quote] Can't go wrong with a good old fashioned strobe light. Looks like everything is going in slow motion. Makes drummers look like they have extra arms. Makes people walk into walls. Puts some people into seizures -nice for dramatic flair. Yup, the strobe has it all! [/quote]LOL! :D Though seizures aren't funny the picture in my mind cracks me up.
"Don't Ask Me I'm Just The Bassplayer" UBP

At my day job I am the repair department of a production/retail company. I would be a lot less busy if American DJ and Chauvet and all of the rest that look alike didn't break so much. We are an American DJ dealer and I have told the repair department at the factory they should put a call-tag in every box so people can send it back directly for warranty repair. If the band can afford it use a better quality fixture like Martin or High End Systems.
The doktor said I wouldn't hav so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there.

[quote]Originally posted by Tarvis: [b]. I would be a lot less busy if American DJ and Chauvet and all of the rest that look alike didn't break so much. [/b][/quote]I always had a feeling about that. I'm not much into lights. When I look through a catalog, and the only brand I can find is American DJ, it just sends a flag up, in my mind, that "I'll bet this stuff is a cheap knock-off". Thanks for the confirmation. :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

For a really cool (& affordable) effect-light, look at [url=http://www.martin.dk/product/product.asp?product=acrobat]Martin Acrobat[/url] . You get a combination of strobe - dimmer - revolving mirror drum - gobos/colors. It runs automatically (triggered by sound) or with DMX-control. Fun for the whole family... ;) /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived