Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can I buy individual strings?

AnCap

I just restrung my bass about a week ago. The D string broke at the tuner today. Is there any way I can pick up just one string? I can't seem to find anything at the regular places I shop.

Obviously I want to get the same exact string, but I can't seem to find it. This is probably a stupid question, but I could use some help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The independent music store that I live near does sell individual strings. I had to buy individual low B and high C strings on a regular basis for my 6 string bass since I couldn't find complete sets of the strings I use at retail stores. I can't say the same for the bigger chain stores, but a smaller store could be a viable option for you.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Originally posted by Nicklab:

The independent music store that I live near does sell individual strings. I had to buy individual low B and high C strings on a regular basis for my 6 string bass since I couldn't find complete sets of the strings I use at retail stores. I can't say the same for the bigger chain stores, but a smaller store could be a viable option for you.

Agreed. The same is true of my 'hood, as they have a supplier that works directly with GHS and D'Addario on orders. It may take as long as a week or three, but I usually get what I want.

At times I've bitten the bullet with juststrings.com because they can supply me with the specific string I can't locate anywhere else. (you can always order a couple of extra sets to offset the shipping cost.)

Archived