Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Britney and N'Sync are okay after all!

I recall the B-side to "Mandy", was a tune called "Something's Come'n Up" -which I liked a lot. Catchy hook. Nice groove. Neat chord progressions. I can't knock Barry. He found a way to sell records, and be involved in the creative process. If people want to think of his stuff as 'lowest-common-denominator' music, so be it. But I seriously doubt that his songs are the result of market research. [quote]Originally posted by synthguy: [b] When I'm surfing channels like I was last night and I saw Madonna, I paused and listened, and whether or not she was responsible for much of her music, it was really pretty good. [/b][/quote]I think Madonna has pretty much proven that the critics were wrong about her. While it will probably never be hip for musicians to acknowledge her talent, I'm willing to give Madonna her due. Anybody who can stay on top of the pop music scene for close to twenty years deserves respect in my book. As I understand it, she is quite involved in the writing process, and in shaping her material -and certainly her image as well. Yet, for all of the changes she's undergone during her career, I find it easy to connect her new material with her old material. And none of her songs seem confined to a particular era in music. Even though she's tipped her hat to the various musical styles that were popular when she released an album, none of her music sounds 'dated' to me. I think that says something about her ability to handle herself, and her career within the music business, because if she had just been another pop-star pawn for record industry, her career would have been over long ago. How many other 40+ yr old women are still able to make Mtv, and the entire pop music scene sit up and take notice? I've never purchased any of her music, but I do enjoy a lot of her songs, and I like the diversity -within her genre- that she covers, and the boldness with which she plys her art. I did almost buy that album she did with William Orbit. Sounded like some strong music was going on there.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b] I did almost buy that album she did with William Orbit. Sounded like some strong music was going on there.[/b][/quote]Yeah, I *almost* did as well; sounded great, but I chickened out. Of course, that was pre-Napster. Perhaps if I'd had the opportunity to check out the rest of the cd I'd perhaps have bought it. ...Or maybe have bought an Orbit cd. I'll have to check into that if I remember....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote] Britney and N'Sync are okay after all! [/quote]No, they aren't. Get some sleep and have a quart of V-8. Things will return to normal soon.

"We are the Federales... You know, the Mounted Police..."

---"If you're the police, where are your badges?"

"Bodges?..."

Archived