Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

N'Sync-man N'Space

Lance Bass of N'Sync (All your (Lance)Bass are belong to us) has passed all the cosmonaut tests and will be recommended as a Russian crew member by the Russian government, possibly flying as soon as this fall. Check it out: http://www.sonicnet.com/news/index.jhtml I have mixed feelings about this. I don't want my tax dollars paying for spacecraft to be used as playgrounds of the (super) rich, but on the other hand the Russian space program needs all the cash it can get. The ISS crew has been reduced from 7 to 3 permanent members already, largely due to U.S. funding cuts, and now one of those three will be a teenybopper tourist?!? Ugh.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your tax dollars will not be supporting Lance's spaced out adventures. The whole idea of rich people experiencing zero-g is that they pay gobs of $$ to do so. First, he will be in the Russian program, second, he is paying his own way via your 9 year old daughter's hand in your wallet.
-David R.

My understanding is that it's going to be a TV documentary following the whole process. . . and they'll be paying for it. At first the whole thing seemed absurd to me. . but which one of us, if given the opportunity, wouldn't want to go into space? Any fears and family responsibility aside, I'd do it.
Tiny G

Archived