Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny i should see this thread tonight. i just back from a gig where i played my fender Am Dlx Jazz 5 - my main bass is a gorgeous F Bass bn5 that i will never let go of, but it was a long day, my second gig , and my back screams if i play the F bass too long- so i took the Fender, which is lighter.

The bass sounds so good and so right, and feels great as well- this was a kind of r&b gig and the slap tone is awesome. Let's put it this way, the guys i played with tonight are no slouches. The guitarist, who has toured with Earth , Wind and Fire and the drummer who has played with the Pointer Sisters, etc.. both made comments about how great the bass sounded. These are awesome bass. I have recently been wondering about a Sadowsky and really want to sit down side by side to determine if the Sad really will blow this Fender away , because i gotta say, if it does, i will buy a Sad on the spot because again, these Fenders are the real deal. great tone.

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I've heard some good things about sadowsky for live playing, evenm more so than in the studio. Apparently they can really sit in the mix well and just let you do your thang. The guys at sadowky also now have a "weight reduced" option on alder bodies where they give you a chambered alder body with alder top. I hear you about playing long sets with heavy basses...see my avatar :eek:

P.S. Did you mean the pointer sisters :confused:

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

i know it has been reviewed, and i've tried 1 months back. has anyone of you tried one, or does anyone own one with a maple fingerboard and can give comparison? does it have the same 18-volt electronics and samarium cobalt noiseless pickups?

also, great bass you have there bassaddik. looking to own one in this lifetime.

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

Musicfiend said:

I've heard some good things about sadowsky for live playing, evenm more so than in the studio. Apparently they can really sit in the mix well and just let you do your thang.
I think just the opposite. My beloved Sadowsky is incredible in the studio, but only great on live gigs :D Seriously, in the studio a little nuance goes a long, long way on my bass and it can be a little unforgiving. It is not as apparent live, you just get the great tone.

Adrian! Where you been? Hopefully someplace good.

I had one. It had one of the best tones I have ever heard. I got mine brand new for $1100, so I would try and get a better deal if I were you. But, it's worth that price.

I remember it being a bit on the heavy side, so Adrian's post is a tad bit baffling. If that's, indeed, the case, I think I will stay away from an F Bass.

F basses come in from 9 to 10.5 lbs

My Fender definitely feels lighter. Mine has the Ash body ( a must for me ) and the Maple board ( another must )

I have thought about selling it and always back out. I even thought about writing on the back with permanent ink " DON'T SELL ME, YOU IDIOT! " :D

TNB - whassup? been super busy gigging, man, thank GOD!

how have you been? how was Fla?

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Adrian, Florida was warm and sunny. Going to be there for as many 6 months starting in November. Depends on if I can work out the details of my life.

Other than that, been working a lot. And a lot more electric work, FINALLY.

Archived