Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Camera jitters!!!

musicfiend

I haven't posted many pictures before, and i just got the digital camera business sorted out, SO HERE GOES!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Nasrinb/cameraPicture016.jpg

(there's me leading with my middle finger :thu: )

and as long as we're on that topic.......

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Nasrinb/cameraPicture009.jpg

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you very much guys. The best part is that it sounds even better than it looks! And it feels better than it sounds too!
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

P.S. The bass is strung with dr hi-beams right now and I'm luvin em but looking for a little less zing....like how they sound now that they're worn in. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe lo-riders.

i used to string my bass with di addario xl's, but switched to ernie ball slinkys. i like how they feel and they're affordable. they have just the right amount of zing, IMO. might wanna try la bella taperwounds too.

beautiful bass, by the way! love the old warwicks. i used an old thumb 4 (signed by victor wooten, coincidentally) owned by my close friend back home who used to play with the biggest rock band in the Phil. i borrowed it for the 'yamaha asian beat' competition, and we actually won. the sound engineers were blown away by it's tone (and i was using boiled strings, too). was gonna use a sansamp bddi with it, but opted not to 'coz i was getting a good tone straight away. it was a big factor in our success, i believe.

nice photos, man.

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

Nice Warwick! A little more youthful than mine, as is its owner, and a little less battered...

Try some DR Bootzillas - they sound fantastic on my Streamer. They're basically Lo-Riders with fancier steel (for more top) but then a longlife coating added which actually makes them more mellow than Lo-Riders. The best word for them is juicy, which one can rarely say about brand-new s/s roundwounds.

I'm pondering replacing mine now, but then they have been on my main bass for over a year. A good investment.

Alex

Eddie, this post got me curious. Since I assume you're a couple of train rides away from the Warwick factory in Deustchland, is it cost-effective for you to go over there to buy one or is it better to buy one local to you? Also, how's the used market where you live. My curiosity stems from wanting to know the effect the EC has on buying consumer goods.

musicfiend, is that the original finish or a redo? something about how the light bounces off it.

May I also ask what model camera you're using? :wave:

Originally posted by Fred the bass player:

Eddie, this post got me curious.

Hey Fred :wave:

Yeah I think it would take me two to three hours to get there. And some day I will indeed go over there to get me one, because I'm soooo in love with Warwick :love:

And yes, it'd be cheaper for me to go to Germany than to buy one here. Two reasons:

1) Obviously, lack of import taxes

2) Lower taxes in Germany than in Belgium

Belgians are amongst the most heavily taxed citizens of the EU. But the standard of living is great here :thu: And we have the best beers in the world :D

As for the second-hand market ... I've seen a few Warwicks being sold second-hand but the prices aren't exactly "sharp" if you know what I mean.

It's easy to get second hand beginner's basses here at cheap prices, but then again Stagg (a Belgian brand, which has it's products made in Korea) hes such high quality instruments (price / quality ratio taken into account) that you're better off getting one of their instruments than getting a second hand one.

I welcome CloClo and A Head With Wings to either agree or disagree with me, as I think it would be interesting to get different Belgian's opinions here :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Fred: That is, as c alex predicted, the original finish aged to (near) perfection...I've waxed it regularly and I have to assume the original owner did as well.

Also it might be due to the quality of woods used in older warwicks compared to newer models...these woods are getting rarer and rarer.

The camera used was the Cannon powershot s200.

Alex: I'll be sure to try the bootzillas as time comes, but for the now the strings are worn in nicely and when the break I have another set of hi-beams to go through.

I have actually been enjoying the benefits of "getting high" lately. I'm currently working on a little tune that features the whole range of my bass when tuned eadg...if that hisphot weren't in I'd be using the whole range. I'm enjoying the playability up there, it's pretty easy to get up with my strap set as it is in the picture. The tune, and a couple more that I have, makes me want to start a little project to feature my bass as the main speaker with a some percussion, and maybe some strings.

However, if I'm in a groove I'll usually stick low and to the middle regisiters saving the high stuff for the occasional squealy effect laden fill, and the even more occasional solo feature where I want to get up there.

I've found that I've been using a lot o chords lately and the string to string clarity and definition is really outstanding.

ATM: The bass does look "at home" in that second picture, doesn't it? Maybe I COULD hide it, but as it is the other basses are with some friends so I'm playing this one WAY too much to try and hide it. :eek:

Originally posted by C. Alexander Claber:

Nice Warwick! A little more youthful than mine, as is its owner, and a little less battered...

First off....the older the better :idea: )!

Archived