Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Florida Lowdowners Meeting: Sept 17, 2005 UPDATE: Concert ROCKED! Video Included!

ATM

With the high interest in this particular meeting, I figured it deserved its own thread. :cool:

Originally posted 05-31-2005 09:51 PM:

I've decided when and where to have a West Coast Meeting: Sept 17 Ford Amphitheater, Tampa, FL. My very favorite band, Journey :love: , will be playing (that is, if we aren't wiped off the face of the Earth this summer) and I will be going whether anybody else from the forum goes or not! :P

And yes, Ross Valory is still in the line-up.

ATM

Originally posted by Stackimo:

Journey! Please keep me posted on that one. Sounds like a plan. We could meet earlier in the day at the Sam Ash or somewhere like that.

Added:

I found the official site, but it seems the tickets are not on sale as of yet. The wife would love to do that one.

Originally posted by JD:

I'll put Sept. 17th on the calendar. The Ford Ampitheater is a great venue, we saw Dave Matthews there. We need to coordinate the ticket purchases if we want to sit together because the seats under the overhang are all reserved seating. Or we could just get General Admission tickets and sit on the grass.

Originally posted by davio:

http://www.journeymusic.com/images/rosspromo04.jpg

I didn't know Willem Dafoe played bass!

BTW, I think a gathering before/durring the Journey show would be perfect. The Ford Amphitheater is only about 20 minutes from me.

Originally posted 06-01-2005 08:22 PM:

Originally posted by Stackimo:

I found the official site, but it seems the tickets are not on sale as of yet. The wife would love to do that one.

The ticket sales are TBA. Since I'm a member of the fan club, they send me out advance ticket sales notices, complete with password. I'll let y'all know when I know.

*Edit: No dogpile at Davio's* My guitarist now has a 12 volt blender, so we can tailgate in style. :cool:

ATM

I'd be up for it but I'll be back in school by then (in Lakeland...which is a little more out of the way for most of you). It's about another 1/2 hour further East, Northeast. I've got room to entertain in my dorm and suite mates that are quite accommodating. Whatever works.

Originally posted by ATM:

My guitarist now has a 12 volt blender, so we can tailgate in style.

Nice...
Originally posted by JD:

I suggest we meet in Brandon at the Macaroni Grill for food and beverages before going to the show.

That'd work.

Well, now we're caught up. All Lowdowners are welcome, not just the West Coast Floridians.

Note to those of you outside the Sunshine State: September is very soggy and right in the middle of our busy hurricane season. Otherwise, come and join in the fun! :D

ATM

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just try and keep us posted as to when the tickets go up for sale.

I look forward to meeting my fellow Lowdown Sunshine Boys.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Originally posted by ATM:

Oh yes, it's not the destination, it's the Journey!

ATM

I was trying to figure out a proper way to work that in but I didn't want to spend too much time one it or I'd get a headache. Good job. :wave:

wait, so does that mean the bass central meeting is changed to the 17th? i can do that as well, i just need to know the date.

thanks,

bgo

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Originally posted by Bass_god_offspring:

wait, so does that mean the bass central meeting is changed to the 17th? i can do that as well, i just need to know the date.

thanks,

bgo

No sir, this is a Florida West Coast Meeting later on in the summer (Sept. 17th.) June 18th is still on.

ATM

• 2 weeks later...
Direct from my email:

VIP Ticket Package Presale!

The password this week is: SCARAB

http://www.iloveallaccess.com/login_journey.html

9/17 Ford Amphitheater, Tampa, FL

Presale Starts: Wednesday, June 15 @ 1:00 pm (ET)

Presale Ends: Thursday, June 16 @ 1:00 pm (ET)

Tampa 5 Star VIP Ticket Packages include seats in the first five rows!

At the moment, you can't log in with that password. I am assuming that it will be active during the presale period stated above. No, unfortunately, they did not yet include prices. From other similar Journey concerts, prices range from $45-$60 depending on seating. I'm all for getting the comfy seats, but then, that's just me.

Input?

ATM

• 2 weeks later...

ORCHESTRA-1ST LEVEL OF 4 LEVELS

US $45.00

4TH LEVEL OF 4 LEVELS

US $20.00 - US $45.00

3RD LEVEL OF 4 LEVELS

US $45.00

2ND LEVEL OF 4 LEVELS

US $45.00

So, where do we want to sit? Prices look good to me! :D

Seating Chart Page

Medium Size Seating Chart (282 KB)

Large, detailed seating chart (1.5 MB pdf file)

ATM

ORCHESTRA-1ST LEVEL OF 4 LEVELS

US $45.00

You know how to reach me.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

I'm currently working midnights, but will have part of the weekend off. Should we try coordinating ticket purchases?

I found out on a day-trip down to Key Largo that my guitarist is heading to the Paul McCartney concert in Tampa the very same evening. So one less from Ft. Myers.

ATM

P.S. A song is definitely in the works from this particular day trip. Includes looking for an elusive pair of shoes, conch fritters, a bandana girl, and being tied up in traffic on I-75 in Miami. Let's just say that it's a good thing I normally don't drink very much.

ATM - cool that an experience was the inpiration for a song. I wrote 3/4 of one (words mostly) when I was traveling.

But please - leave the humor to us professionals.

I found out on a day-trip down to Key Largo that my guitarist is heading to the Paul McCartney concert...
You mean you were with another day-tripper?

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

HA! That must have been my subconscious :evil: phrasing that as it took you to point it out to me. I apologize, as that I normally keep him locked up and allow him out only on supervised creative endeavors.

I do have a sign I put up on my door when I'm on midnights that says "Day Sleeper," and it has inspired us to pull a Yankovic on that classic song. ;)

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled postings.

ATM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally emailed by Ticketmaster:

Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

Your order number for this purchase is XXXXXXXXXXX.

You will receive your tickets via: Standard Mail-Your tickets will be mailed to your billing address and delivered no later than 48 hours before the event in a plain unmarked white envelope.

We'll email you when your tickets are printed and about to be shipped.

You purchased 3 tickets to:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Journey

Ford Amphitheatre At the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL

Saturday September 17, 2005 7:30 pm

Seat location: section 304, row R, seats 9-11

Total Charge: $134.55

Best I could get. No lawn seating for this event, I am told, but no skin off my nose.

ATM

• 1 month later...

Archived