Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trouble finding a certain power cord dealer...

dohhhhh6

Hey, I just received my GK 1001 rb in the mail a couple of days.

I bought it from musicgoround.com used for $350 WITH a 4 space rack. I figure that if I hate it I can sell it for a little over $400.

Anyways, it didn't come with a power cord, much to my chagrin and I've checked a couple stores and haven't found the kind of PC I'm looking for, so I was wondering if you guys could point me to a franchise which generally stocks these.

Here's the general idea of what kind of output dealies I need: http://www.quail.com/seriesPage.cfm?seriesID=21

Ring a bell?

Thanks a ton!

In Skynyrd We Trust

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a standard power cord.. Is there anything special about it?

If you want to "buy" one you can probably get one at radio shack. Look at the back of your pc. there's probably at least 2 there. If you can, find a junker around the house.. or see if anyone is throwing out an on pc/monitor/printer etc.. You'll find one there...

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Are you kidding? Wow, I feel like a complete idiot. I swear I've search the better part of my house and a few stores for them and I couldn't find one... sorry for the pointless post...
In Skynyrd We Trust

Never pointless. You made a friend out of the most generous Jeremy.

Radio Shack does have them in the computer section. I'd recommend you go there and get an extra long one, 12' or so. I can't tell you how many times having that long power cord helped me is some gig situation, saving me from hauling in some long extension cord.

Jeremy, any chance you have a bunch of spare Sadowskys layin' around in a drawer?

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Jeremy, any chance you have a bunch of spare Sadowskys layin' around in a drawer?
LMAO. Thanks for the yucks Dave.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Ditto what Jeremy said...I don't know where they all came from!

Dave, a drummer friend of mine carries one of these to all rehearsals and gigs. Mainly to plug in his fan but there's almost always a guitarist or bass player :o who didn't bring an extention cord and has to set up too far from a power outlet. That thing has saved my butt so many times I should buy stock in the company.

Power chord dealer. http://ac-dc.wz.cz/img/toronto/toronto6.jpg

I've gone through MANY for my GK. I just go pick one at target or wherever. Most will fit. I can get you one too.

Archived