Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Florida LowDowners Meeting June 18th

ATM

Calling all Florida LowDowners and those of you visiting over the weekend of Saturday, June 18th!

With the arrival of BGO in the Sunshine State, a few of us have decided to get together, meeting up at Bass Central at noon (they open at 11 on Saturdays) on the 18th, then we will try to extradite ourselves for some lunch. :rolleyes:

I hope that we can produce a good turnout. It would be fun to have to contact Bass Central to warn them that there will be a number of us invading their shop. :D

Please RSVP here. We're trying to do this far enough in advance to give everybody a chance at showing up to meet the faces behind the avatars.

Any questions, email me. I'm also "IN" Verizon and have nights and weekends free. Hope to see you there!

ATM

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the day before my birthday. You can collectively buy me a gift at Bass Central. If you want, I can send a gift list and my shipping address directly to the store to make things easier. ;):D

Have fun! :thu:

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

well, i'll be there ;)

I have cingular and the roll over plan. so needless to say, i have a lot of extra minutes.

if you plan to be there please PM me so we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Now.....where to eat.

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Yeah...it'll be 5 months and 11 days after my birthday (6 months and 26 days before my next one). I'll be there so I can just point out what I want and everybody else can pay for it. :D

A gathering of Low End Lords in the Outer Rim Florida system to share their quest to master the power of the Low Side of The Force.

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

Originally posted by Bass_god_offspring:

hahahaa, nice Bassdrummer

That's "Darth Bassdrummer." I have given myself over to the study of the Low Side of The Force...

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

I was pretty excited to see this happening, but unfortunately I took closer notice to the date and realized my band has an outdoor party to play that afternoon. If I didn't live over 3 hours from your meeting place, I would make it happen. If anything changes, I will let you know.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Oh, by the way. ATM, I received the Lowdown T-Shirt the other day. Love it.

flight of stairs."

Stackimo, my neighbor!

It's too bad that you won't make it, but at least you're gigging. :) We will have to have a Fla. West Coast Contingent Gathering later on.

In the meantime, should you run into any bass gear emergency, I'll be happy to help.

ATM

ATM:

As noted in my PM to you I'll be in Orlando on the 16th and 17th and am planning to go to Bass Central on the 16th (which is my birthday, figured I'd get exactly what I want). I also have a Saturday gig and won't be able to make it on the 18th.

Keep me informed of a SW FLA get together.

JD

JD,

At least you're gigging as well. But BGO will be in Orlando the same time as you.

I've decided when and where to have a West Coast Meeting: Sept 17 Ford Amphitheater, Tampa, FL. My very favorite band, Journey :love: , will be playing (that is, if we aren't wiped off the face of the Earth this summer) and I will be going whether anybody else from the forum goes or not! :P

And yes, Ross Valory is still in the line-up.

ATM

Journey! Please keep me posted on that one. Sounds like a plan. We could meet earlier in the day at the Sam Ash or somewhere like that.

Added:

I found the official site, but it seems the tickets are not on sale as of yet. The wife would love to do that one.

flight of stairs."

I'll put Sept. 17th on the calendar. The Ford Ampitheater is a great venue, we saw Dave Matthews there. We need to coordinate the ticket purchases if we want to sit together because the seats under the overhang are all reserved seating. Or we could just get General Admission tickets and sit on the grass.

Originally posted by Stackimo:

I found the official site, but it seems the tickets are not on sale as of yet. The wife would love to do that one.

The ticket sales are TBA. Since I'm a member of the fan club, they send me out advance ticket sales notices, complete with password. I'll let y'all know when I know.

I say we dogpile at Davio's, then head in. My guitarist now has a 12 volt blender, so we can tailgate in style. :cool:

ATM

I'd be up for it but I'll be back in school by then (in Lakeland...which is a little more out of the way for most of you). It's about another 1/2 hour further East, Northeast. I've got room to entertain in my dorm and suite mates that are quite accommodating. Whatever works.

Originally posted by ATM:

My guitarist now has a 12 volt blender, so we can tailgate in style.

Nice...

hey there.

well, right now i'm finishing up packing for my 9:30 flight tomorrow. fun stuff eh...lets see, wake up at 5:30, drive to Sac International airport, fly for the whole day....yep, that's the life. lol ;)

we still have to decide where we are going to eat. i'll let the two florida natives pick that one, lol.

Humm....i'll be staying at the Disney Coronado springs resort hotel which is on the disney property. i was at the same hotel three years ago, and it was damn nice. the only thing: since it's on the Disney property of course, Mr. Walt Disney has to figure out creative ways to screw people out of money, soooo, they built this hotel away from any form of resturant or decent eatery. why they do it? becuase inside the hotel there is a full blown food court with all different kinds of food. now, normally, i wouldn't be opposed to such lavish dining, cept, it's not lavish at all. it looks all nice, and the kids love it since it's Disney themed, but the food is pretty crappy (Micky mouse shaped hamburgers just don't quiet do it for me).

oh well, i guess i'll live with it.

another funny thing: it's a HUGE resort and conference center, with about 4 different pools (8 if you count the over sized ponds that people can swim in), a giant lake, golf carts to take you to your room, and huge conference rooms....there is no wi-fi connections in the rooms!!!!!!! :0

i guess i wont get any use out of my brand new Dell laptop with wireless internet :(

....they do have a "business center" with internet connections, and rentable computer time....god knows how much that will cost though.

btw, does anyone know if you can use wireless internet on airplanes? (United Airlines to be exact).

i've always liked flying, just feels fun. the security check point is a drag though (I'm not much of a fan of taking off my shoes, belt, wallet, and emptying all of my pockets infront of a large group of people. the fact that the airport security guards are very rude, stressed out people that don't give you any curtisy at all (generalization i know,but it's be my experiances).

sorry for the long post.

off to go dream about the airport Cinabun stand....mmmmmm.

-BGO

Music is its own reward

---------------

Well hey guys

I'm here sitting in a car outside an internet cafe (it's closed, but the free wireless internet still works :D )

and i'm wondering (as i sweat) why hasnt anyone replyed to my comment, lol?

I'll send ATM and Davio a person message about it, but i'll check the forum and my mail box periodicly throughout the week.

BTW Arabian Nights, and Kennedy space center are awsome.

ttyl.

_BGO

-BGO

Music is its own reward

---------------

Archived