Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig Spam: NYC : Zealot@Silk Road Cafe 5/28

LLroomtempJ

My first club gig.

Silk Road Cafe Basement Lounge

30 Mott St. (near Canal)

Sat. 5/28, Begins @ 8PM

$7 Cover

By train: Take the 6, J, M, Z, N, R, Q or W trains to canal street, when you get out, walk along canal street until you hit Mott.

I was hired by this guy who is a friend of mine...he's a soul/rnb singer from my school who made it pretty far on american idol. Amazing talent, good song writing.

here's his website:

www.vudoosoul.com

I'm sitting in for his bass player who cannot make the gig. Should be interesting.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The monkey in your avatar looks expecialy infuriated at hearing this news Ace.
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

the gig was good. Small venue. It was in the basement of a trendy cafe in chinatown.

I was told that there would be a bass amp and that it was adequate. When i got there, the combo amp couldn't handle anything below my D string.

I went direct through the pa with no monitor for the night...whenever i do that, my highs all but disappear...why does this happen? I was able to kinda hear myself + i knew the songs so i was good.

I felt like it was going to be a good night when i soundchecked/played with the drummer for the first time. I had some off points (finger slip... etc)but i don't think my mistakes were blaring to anyone but myself.

I played my second solo ever in life. I was satisfied with it but the slot that i had was meant for a guitar solo...and i didn't know the best way to reproduce the energy that the guitarist got on the recordings from whence i learned the songs. But what i did worked. My dad was impressed, so that meant a lot for me.

Overall...Good stuff. A good number of people that i invited came out...including my dad. :D

no ldld meeting tho. :.-(

here's a picture that a friend took of me.

http://web.mit.edu/jatkins/Public/pic2.JPG

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

The report sounds good, It looks like you're layin it down in the picture, It's might cool that your dad enjoyed the show, and the cute girl in your picture looks impressed with your skill.

Seems that all went well.

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Archived