Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seattle Gig Spam, Hobo Libido at the Central Saloon, June 1st UPDATE: another one

ChrisOfDoom

I just managed to book my bands first show ever. June 1st at the Central Saloon in Seattle. We play from 9:30-10:30, and are followed up by Pragmatic and Undead Eulogy. The cover is 5 dollars, 21 and over (sorry kiddies).

Come see this show if you want to watch a bunch of kids who have never played a gig before embarass the crap out of themselves.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris - best of luck on the gig.

Short notice - you yourself are doing the booking, so you can't blame your bandmates ;) I would think a month lead time would be good to get publicity out. Maybe you are filling in for another bend that dropped out. If you guys can all make the gig, 2 weeks isn't too bad. Start the "machine" rolling and spread the word!

Enjoy it !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I'll see about coming down to see you guys after rehearsal that night!

For a Wednesday night at the Central... might be a little short notice; they probably had someone cancel on them (as Tom was guessing).

Bring a healthy dose of The Rock.

The rock shall me brought, the talent might be a little late coming.

I look forward to (hopefully) seeing you there Brian. Me and the band went and checked out the Central tonight(flyers in hand), seems like a cool place.

I am stoked about this show though, finally all the work from the past year coming into something real. Funny, I think this gig is falling within a week or 2 of the 1 year anniversary of the first time the band got together.

I booked another show at the Blue Moon Tavern, on July 9th. We will be starting at around 10:00, I don't think there is a cover, so if you were planning on some drinkin' on Saturday, might as well come to the Blue Moon right? This should be a better show then the Central show, for reasons I would be a little emberassed to admit here, the show at the Central could possibly be a disaster.

Moral of the story, come see us, you can laugh at the impending Central disaster, or you can rock out to the (hopefully) successful Blue Moon show.

I'm still planning on rolling down after rehearsal tonight. Bring The Rock, and disaster will be avoided. If disaster is imminent, apply more Rock. With enough Rock, even the worst disaster can be cool. Because The Rock is cool. Kids love The Rock.

I would give the show a rating of an rousing "OK". Our total inexperience showed through in a lot of places. We played about 50 minutes. Looking out in the "crowd" I saw the guys from the second band sitting at a table in one corner, the guys from the last band sitting in another corner, and a few of our friends sitting in another corner, and MAYBE 10 people at the bar. That place was dead.

I made sure to thank everyone there for being there, made friendly with all the bartenders, security guards, soundguy, the other bands, and the booking lady. Hopefully they will have us back again, maybe on a better night.

I am going to get some pictures up in the nearish future, and the soundguy made us a CD of the show, I will probably put some of the songs up on the MySpace page, as soon as we figure out what the best songs on the set were.

Here are some pictures from the show.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/chrisofdoom/sign.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/chrisofdoom/band.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/chrisofdoom/chris.jpg

I don't know what my left hand is doing in that pic but I promise my fretting technique is not as bad as it looks there.

Archived