Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question: Eden Nemesis vs. Ampeg 810

ZeroXtrem

Hey everyone im new to the boards I did a search and i couldnt find anything for this topic:

Basically I'm an all around Ampeg freak, but Ive heard good things about eden so I wanna know which 8x10 would be a better choice the Eden NC810 or the Ampeg 810...As for playing, with my band its anything from metal to rnb and everything in between .

http://www.lostartmusic.net

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Zero - For that kind of money you're getting into Accu Groove territory. Sounds better than either of your choices, weighs half as much. Others may tell you different, don't listen to them.

www.ethertonswitch.com

Speaking of Eden, I've heard that Rocco may have a gently used SWR Workingmans's 810 for sale cheap.

Back to topic: what way2fat said is true, you're looking at enough money that you can get into lighter, smaller, but bigger sounding boxes. If you're hauling this by yourself, choose the lighter cab and make the EQ fix the rest.

- Matt W.

Welcome to the Forum!

You really want to carry around an 8x10 cabinet?

You must work out and drive a pickup truck or SUV. :D

OK, the Eden sounds better but the Ampeg's cheaper. Ampeg is also notorious for questionable customer service response.

Fender also makes a very nice one; I heard it used by Chris Maresh of the Eric Johnson Trio.

My advice is to check Fender's rig as well.

:wave:

You do realize the Eden Nemesis NC810 is a combo (meaning it has an amplifier integrated into the cabinet), right?

I don't think comparing the Ampeg SVT810 is fair as they couldn't be more different. The Ampeg is a old design, sealed cabinet (infinite baffle), 32-ohm driver laden beast of midrange kapow.

The Nemesis line is made of lightweight composite material in a ported cabinet with a tweeter and a lightweight amplifier.

Maybe you meant the Eden D810XLT?

http://eden-electronics.com/products/cabs/indiv/images/cabspicd810xlt.jpg

It's only 225 lbs. However, don't worry. To quote the Eden website, it includes "super-duty handles and casters for easy ransportation and lifting."

Originally posted by getz76:

It's only 225 lbs. However, don't worry. To quote the Eden website, it includes "super-duty handles and casters for easy transportation and lifting."

I think if you pay extra you can get one with the optional chiropractor...

:eek:

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

If you're looking for some heavy duty booty try two of these cabs...

http://www.bagend.com/bagend/images/q10bxdsm.jpg

you will have your 8 x 10 config ...one will do the trick but two will give you all the volume you can handle....

Lots of good choices already mentioned...

are there still clubs that allow you to play that loud in NYC?

www.danielprine.com

zeroxtrem...good to see more new yorkers on the forum.

How big are these places that you're playing that you need to power handling capacity of an 810? Especially if you have any kind of PA support.

I think 810s are designed for their cosmetic appeal and not for their practicality. The pics on your site tell me that you have an ampeg 410, 115 +ampeg head already. Do you not like your sound?

A different brand (or different bass) may serve you better if you think that you sound is lacking.

I noticed an swr 410 on top of a fender guitar amp...do your guitarists use bass cabs for certain songs?

jason "I'll be back in nyc for the summer starting monday night" atkins

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Originally posted by way2fat:

For that kind of money you're getting into Accu Groove territory. Sounds better than either of your choices, weighs half as much.

Maybe, but it doesn't look nearly as cool. Don't you guys know nothin? :)

Originally posted by Gospel5.5theZealot:

zeroxtrem...good to see more new yorkers on the forum.

How big are these places that you're playing that you need to power handling capacity of an 810? Especially if you have any kind of PA support.

I think 810s are designed for their cosmetic appeal and not for their practicality. The pics on your site tell me that you have an ampeg 410, 115 +ampeg head already. Do you not like your sound?

A different brand (or different bass) may serve you better if you think that you sound is lacking.

I noticed an swr 410 on top of a fender guitar amp...do your guitarists use bass cabs for certain songs?

jason "I'll be back in nyc for the summer starting monday night" atkins

lol thats the thing i love my sound i just need more of it, yea i got a 450w now and its ok but i need to stress the hell out of it, which is usually to bad, but i dont need to be paranoid that i might blow a speaker. and actually its a 4x8 not 4x10....might not have trouble if it was a 4x10 lolol

Archived