Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why do you have to make a wall?

Hi guys, I've lived in USA for 10 months. (I'm an international student studying audio technology at college.) Love this country, however, I don't think at all that America is a free country because I'm getting real sick of hearing " God bless America" all the time. Why does God bless America not other countries? Come on! You guys are musicians, right? Do you have to be nationalists by saying "God bless America"? Besides, there's no way god exists.

Dude. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean.

If a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nawn, What can I say? I aid it till I'm blue in the face on another thread here. I understand your frustration. SteveRB -- "We love the concept of freedom and it's an ideal that we've struggled to achieve, yet all the time knowing that absolute freedom is not achievable." Yes it is an ideal and I'm proud to be a part of that ideal. But I wouldn't say absolute freedom is not attainable. Plus that statment kind of smacks of the absolute closest ideal you'll ever find is in the US. I think this is marketing at it's best here. It may have been true at one time. It MIGHT be true still today, but I doubt it. All this attitude does is pis off everyone else who isn't American. And we wonder why so many people hate the US.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Why am I always the one duped into falling for trools, do I have "kick me" written on my back ? The water temperature here is 69 degrees and the waves are 3 to 4 feet at south facing beaches. Do I continue to argue human nature and societies need to control others freedoms, or do I take advantage of a beautiful Saturday afternoon in paradise ? Tough call :rolleyes:

Nawn, Did someone force you to come to school in the USA?If not then you can go back to where you came from.It really irritates me when people come to this country and imediatly start to complain.You do have freedom of speach but I don't have to like what you say.
jgc2002 is not responsible for damages ,injuries and or death as result of above post.Side effects include nasuea,dizziness,dry mouth,vomiting,blurred vision,nervousness,loss of memory and in extreme cases sexual side effects. www.mp3.com/salt_creek

>>>>>>> TROLL <<<<<<<< [quote]Originally posted by Nawn: [b] I don't think at all that America is a free country because I'm getting real sick of hearing " God bless America" all the time. [/b][/quote]How does this NOT make it a free country? [b]Why does God bless America not other countries? [/b][/QUOTE] If there is a God, you could be pretty sure that S/He does. Back to the music........

I agree that some parts of the world do hate America for their God bless America thing. What can you say/ Every country, nationality, religion thinks they are the Chosen. Look at Israel, they are so convinced that they are the CHOSEN people. Hence, the bombings, terrorists attacks on them. This violence all comes out of ignorance on their part, the USA and all countries, people, cultures who think they are better. Its called EGO. Ernest

<<...Why does God bless America not other countries?>> -because you didn't ask God to bless yours. It's really that simple. <> -your 1st question suggests you *desire* God to bless YOUR country, you have contradicted yourself. My friend, if recognizing the christian beliefs this country is founded upon is being 'nationalists', you don't know your American politics. Church and state are seperate over here. Furthermore, do you always go into peoples 'homes' (as a guest) and tell them what to believe and how to run it? <> -then I guess your above questions/comments regarding God have no real relevance for you, right? So, what's your point?
In two days, it won't matter.

Man, people need a life. Definitely a grade A troll here. I'm a foreigner who lived in the US for 11 years. Not once was I offended by anything related to the anthem, pledge of allegiance, whatever. I met a lot of people (and I'm not trying to start a flame war) in the US with strange nationalistic beliefs, but having lived in the US for so long, I started realizing how absurd some of the stuff happening down here is, so it works both ways. And it's not fair to generalize, I've met all sorts of people in the US - even people that made me wonder why the hell I was living there ;) - however, I met some brazilians in the US that their behavior made me ashamed of being related to them by nationality. It works both ways. OK, I got carried away. :wave:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

[quote]Originally posted by Nawn: [b] Besides, there's no way god exists.[/b][/quote]This person ain't a troll - he's GOD! Don't you see? If he knows for a fact that God doesn't exisit, then he must be God, because only God would know if he/she exisits or not! You have opened my eyes Nawn!! I haven't had such a revelation since I discovered Kazaa, also shown to me by a troll :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Nawn: [b] Besides, there's no way god exists.[/b][/quote]This person ain't a troll - he's GOD! Don't you see? If he knows for a fact that God doesn't exisit, then he must be God, because only God would know if he/she exisits or not! You have opened my eyes Nawn!! I haven't had such a revelation since I discovered Kazaa, also shown to me by a troll :thu: [/b][/quote](Brit accent) Brilliant deduction, my dear Nursers! -Sherlock Tedster :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Hi guys, I DO like America. Unfortunately, We all know God doesn't exist. Believe your friends and family. But, I'm sorry if I sounded like blaming your national anthem. I didn't mean to. It was made a long long time ago when people still belived in God. So, your national anthem is OK. It's a great song. It's part of culture. I'm saying... why do yoy need to say "God bless America" in public? Why does the president of USA say "God bless America" on TV? When I lived in my country, I'd never heard Americans say "God bless America". I never saw such brave Americans. They all knew what would happen, if they said that. Imagine. What if you say "God bless America" in Germany. (or ... whatever.) You'll make a wall, buddy. You don't have to do that, especially rock musicians. (Maybe most of you are) Bye-bye. I'm not a man ;)

Dude. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean.

If a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

[quote]Originally posted by Nawn: [b]I didn't mean to. It was made a long long time ago when people still belived in God. When I lived in my country, I'd never heard Americans say "God bless America". I never saw such brave Americans. They all knew what would happen, if they said that. [/b][/quote]The majority of the world DOES believe in god....or maybe I didn't recieve the memo that announced that humans stopped believing. Americans are the wretched rufuse that came from every hellhole on the globe and we believe in talking softly and carrying a big stick. We are saying all kinds of nasty things about your country Nawn, but you have to listen closely because we do so very, very quietly. Steve "troll bait" RB

I don't know, it seems like a good point, even if slightly trollish in it's presentation- what business do our politicians, especially, have saying things like "God bless America?" I guess it's sweet. Maybe I'm to jaded, but it's my guess that most of the time it's more of a political appeal to religious voters, than heartfelt sentiment. In my trips over seas, I've found that people REALLY dislike Americans, because of the whole "god's chosen people/nation" thing. I've always been glad that I can just slip into "no hable ingles" mode. I think that in times like these perhaps it would be constructive to re-examine some of the things that have become a major part of our culture, yet are extremely inflamatory to others. That being said, America is one hell of a country! I wouldn't want to live anyhere else :)

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote] I'm getting real sick of hearing " God bless America" all the time. Why does God bless America not other countries? Come on! You guys are musicians, right? Do you have to be nationalists by saying "God bless America"? Besides, there's no way god exists.[/quote]For someone that doesn't beleive in God, you sure talk about it a lot...

"Don't say I didn't warn ya.."

www.mp3.com/adamkittle

God................................................................................................................................................................................. .................................................................................................................................................................................... ..............................................................................................................................the final frontier ............................................................................. .................................................................................................................................................................................... ................................................................................................................................

Archived