Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's using iTunes?

iTunes and PTFree get my votes for best free audio apps. I easily listen to and organize all of my internet radio stations without dealing with all the proprietory BS players from various services, it makes mp3's, and it's got a totally decent preamp with killer presets. It runs quietly in the background and doesn't seem to take up too much system resources. Bliss...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use iTunes to create compilations to burn on CD-R. These are usually compilations of CDs in which I only like one or two songs from particular CDs, so I combine them onto one CD. I sometimes make CD compilations of stuff I have for 2-3 friends. If they like particular songs, they usually go out and buy the whole CD. I sometimes make CD-Rs when I guest-DJ on KXLU so I don't have to bring lots of CDs (and also because I'm lousy at cueing!). I also use iTunes to listen to MP3s, although I don't do this very often. I use Toast to burn just about everything else, also.

Let's say that Toast burns a 100% compatible "sub-set" of the Red Book Spec. That is, you can't get into UPC/ISRC codes, "Q" channel subcoding & all that stuff to create a real CD dupe master, but the basic CD-DA data that Toast does create is legit, & won't be rejected by any dupe house nowadays (although of course they would have to charge you the set-up fee for all this other stuff before glass master). To create direct CD dupe masters, you still have to look at prog's like Jam, MasterList CD, WaveBurner Pro (Mac) or WaveLab, RedRoaster (Win).

Don't underestimate the full-screen visuals as a baby-calming tool either - I use it often with my six month old daughter - stops her crying 9 times out of 10. :)

[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Don't underestimate the full-screen visuals as a baby-calming tool either - I use it often with my six month old daughter - stops her crying 9 times out of 10. :) [/b][/quote]Probably save her a lot of money on psychedelics in the future, too... :p

Archived