Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

'Mac Users Rule,' Says Study

http://www.atnewyork.com/news/article.php/1403581 Despite holding a grip on only 8.2 percent of the online population in the U.S., Macintosh users reign supreme, according to a new report released Friday. According to the survey from Internet metrics provider Nielsen//NetRatings, Mac users are more educated, live in higher income households and are more Web savvy than their PC-compatible counterparts because more than half of them have been using the Web for at least five years. New York and Milpitas, Calif.-based Nielsen//NetRatings also found Mac users are 58 percent more likely than the average surfer to build Web pages and 53 percent more likely to seek out product reviews. The Apple elite also have a higher propensity to purchase online than the average surfer, with the most popular purchases falling into the computer hardware, software and music categories. On the other hand, Mac owners are less likely to read horoscopes online or play any kind of online game.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by gratte: [b] ... live in higher income households [/b][/quote]You pretty much have to in order to afford a Mac. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by Dwarf: [b] [quote]Originally posted by gratte: [b] ... live in higher income households [/b][/quote]You pretty much have to in order to afford a Mac. Rob[/b][/quote]:D :D :D :D Just save your duckets yo! :D :D Sly :cool:
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Yep Macs are much better than PC's. Too bad all of the Mac software developers are all going under. I guess that's why Mac users are smarter? They have to write thier own software! I heard that BMW just came out with a new model that is the best car ever produced. It's a diesel, costs $150,000, and has wheels that only 3 tire manufacturers make tires for. What a bargin!
I really don't know what to put here.

"Too bad all of the Mac software developers are all going under." You might want to check the dates on those back issues of your magazines and newspapers, there.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

A quote here from the prime analyst at Nielsen//NetRatings, the firm who did and released this study: "Kelly said Apple Computer is a client, but he said Apple did not commission the study" Right. No connection at all between having Apple as a client and a study of Apple vs PC users that says Mac users are cooler. Next up, a study showing that eggs are actually great for your cholesterol. Yes, the American Egg Farmers Association is a client, but they didn't directly commission the study. ;) Regards, Brian T

Oh dear, more of the usual. "Children claim a stake in pro-audio paradigm-formation shock" reports the Daily Mobserver. Try amortizing................no, I said this before....enough of explanations, already. Do you, or do you not, aspire to professionalism ? :confused: If so, get on with your music. Quit griping. Write songs. Shut up with the technology beef :mad: Whatever technology you own was out of date before it left the factory, by definition :rolleyes: Not so your musical vision, if you actually have one. See the Beatles thread and, for ***'s sake, get a life . I don't believe they had access to 5 per cent of the technology the average bedroom legend has at his/her disposal. Just my intemperate 2 Pence rant, for what it's worth............... __________________________________________________ That's it, I've lost it, it's all Wewus' fault, I blame him for everything. A whole team of psychiatrists is working on me right now.

[quote]Originally posted by Eliot: [b]Just my intemperate 2 Pence rant, for what it's worth............... [/b][/quote]Not much, but thanks for playing. I like these threads, they keep reminding me that I really should ditch Gates and move over to something more cuddly :)
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Yet another example of the Mac users' unrelenting need to assert their superiority. Methinks they prostesteth too much. Very few Windows users have any particular love of the Gates empire, but virtually every Mac user seems to be a well-groomed Macolyte proseltyzer. "I use Mac, so I'm a Pro. I use Mac so I'm a Pro. Wanna be a Pro? Buy a Mac." Oy ;) .
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I fit [i]all [/i] the categories of the supposed average Mac user, but own a PC. Now that's confusing.

"We are the Federales... You know, the Mounted Police..."

---"If you're the police, where are your badges?"

"Bodges?..."

[quote]Originally posted by Brad Blackwood: [b]Guess there isn't much diversity among the 14 mac users out there, eh?[/b][/quote]Hey Brad...just wanted to share that Ardent is among my top 5 favorite studios I've ever recorded at. Such a comfortable atmosphere you guys have there. I was born and raised in Memphis...there are a lot of things I miss about that city...I almost moved back but the weather here is just too comfortable. :) P.S. If you work with Sanchez Harley in the near future...tell him I said hello, I'm pretty sure he still does a lot of recording at Ardent.

who cares what the study says, it says nothing about the hardware. there are many more pc users which lowers the average, remember learning in college your sample had to be large enough to make it statistically significant? gee such large words from a pc user. anyhoo, i use dual 800 g4's at work an my home studio pc smokes that sucker. great thing about a pc is i can upgrade it every six months. buy a new cpu, motherboard, and ram and basically have a new computer for a couple hundred bucks. mac diehards are generally classist, elitist graying baby boomers with tiny ponytails who remind me of snobby self important english professors. wealthy phony liberals, not real liberals. sure brag about paying big bucks for slower technology. yeah, the g4 is faster on a mhz per mhz basis, but not 2.53ghz, 533 mhz fronside bus p4 faster. usb 2.0 is faster than firewire and by the way firewire was developed by texas instruments not apple. the gui and mouse were devloped by xerox. gates is pig, jobs is a pig and we are all saints. your g4 is choking on pc100 ram right now buddy. dual g4's are only good on osx (which actually recongizes dual cpus)which sucks and is unstable. i keep 9 at work. wait next year for your g5, in the last year i've seen processor speeds increase 1.5 ghz, front side bus speeds increase 400mhz, usb 2.0 develop and a new nt kernel non server operating system. apple has done what? increase g4 speeds 300 mhz in almost two years and come out with an overpriced desk lamp monitor. the only reason we still use macs is because back in the day, gosh i remember learning basic, pascal, logos, trs-80's . . . oh yeah back in the day they were fast. the original mac was a bombshell. now we have grown too lazy to learn a new platform and we teach the younger generation on macs because that's what we learned on. have fun. i'm going back to work on figuring out linux a little more. christ if we still just used tape we wouldn't have to argue about this anyway. rant over.

[quote]Originally posted by Eliot: [b]I own both and am past caring for anything other than getting the music out there. IMNVHO motion carried.[/b][/quote]Hey Eliot, if this group is too childish for you, please don't feel pressured to hang around. You can leave if you want. Maybe when you gain a sense of humour you'll come back and enjoy it more. I'm saddened to think of how much we ruin your day. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by Dylan: [b]I'm surprised that penis size wasn't part of this study :eek: :rolleyes: :D .[/b][/quote]It was, but I don't think PC users want to hear the answer. ;) :eek: :D

Archived