Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is freakin' me out, man

So, let's say you were in Baltimore, and out for a nice walk along the river bank, when suddenly an [b]alien killer fish[/b] jumped out of the water and started running after you? What would you do? Here's a description of the fish from CNN: [i]Northern snakeheads are predators native to China's Yangtze River region that state environmental officials say could devour local wildlife. The fish grow to lengths of three feet, can live out of the water for three days and are described being able to "walk" short distances on their fins.[/i] Someone put a couple of these former pet fish in the river, and they've multiplied. Do I see a bad B movie in the works? Here's the link: [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/11/snakehead.search.reut/index.html]Alien Killer Fish![/url] - Jeff

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b]So, let's say you were in Baltimore, and out for a nice walk along the river bank, when suddenly an [b]alien killer fish[/b] jumped out of the water and started running after you? What would you do ? - Jeff[/b][/quote]Take less Acid...........! It worked last time, it'll work again..........damned flashbacks.......not the monkeys, it wasn't me, purple everywhere,..........you're not.....i'm not...

three feet?! the one pictured in the article link above was three [i]inches[/i]. i want to see jaws. there are bigger ones [url=http://199.250.30.114/fishing/news-rel/snakehead.html]here[/url] and [url=http://www.aquamojo.com/snakehead.html]here.[/url] you won't believe this- when i did my google search, one of the sites on the first page was a [url=http://www.foodno1.com/efoodno1/menu/efood-tt-recipe-ch/efood-recipe-ch-soup/html/efood-tt-20000514b.html]snakehead fish recipe.[/url] (homer voice) [i]mmm... alien killer fish soup...[/i] [img]http://www.foodno1.com/efoodno1/menu/efood-tt-recipe-ch/efood-recipe-ch-soup/image/food-tt-20000514b01.jpg[/img] yummy.

ppppffffftttttt......Hup hup hup........... AAhhhhhhhh........ whoa, dude, don't do that man. You're freankin' me out man...... Fish that walk. whoa. dude.... What were we talking about man???

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Duuuuuuude...I didn't [i]imagine[/i] the killer alien fish, ya' know. It's CNN...not the National Enquirer. Bad fish...chasing me through the wilderness...no! Stop! Get away! ARRRRGGGHHH!!! Whew...scary thoughts...must regain control...okay, better now. :) - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]But not as scary as this[/b][/quote]I don't even want to talk (or for that matter think) about shit that you can't see that can kill you. I want to see death coming after me...running after me...on fins, with gills flaring and little beady eyes staring. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I have to stop obsessing on the Killer Alien Fish. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]Yeah, I guess that's scary. But not as scary as this: http://www.msnbc.com/news/779006.asp?pne=msn [/b][/quote]...especially when we tell the terroistists exactly what to do, how to do it, where to get the supplies easily and where the weaknesses are in the system to do so...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

We have reached a point where our meddling with the natural order of this world is frightening. Just this morning there was a report on asian carp in the Mississippi with the potential of taking over the Great Lakes. And dumping unwanted pets or farm fish is not a particularly "high tech" activity. When you add to that the potentials of high tech meddling, compounded by our moral and ethical immaturity, it's no wonder the [url=http://www.ucsusa.org/index.html]Union of Concerned Scientists[/url] feel like they are getting nowhere.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

• 1 month later...
The Blair Fish Project makes snakeheads stars by DAVE BARRY We are about to blow a golden opportunity here. I'm talking about the Northern Snakeheads, which sounds like the name of a rock band that eats live hamsters on stage, but is actually a type of fish. But this is not just any fish. The Northern Snakehead is a very special fish -- what marine biologists refer to, technically, as ''an X-Files type of fish.'' Here are some true Northern Snakehead facts that I am not making up: FACT: It has a snakelike head filled with sharp teeth, is an extremely aggressive eater, and can grow to be three feet long. FACT: It can use its fins to crawl on land. FACT: It can breathe air, and survive out of water for three days -- nearly two days longer than Michael Jackson! FACT: Its home stomping grounds are northern Thailand and Myanmar, where, according to an article from Reuters, people believe that ``a Snakehead fish is a reincarnated sinner.'' FACT: A lot of us seriously question whether there is any such place as ``Myanmar.'' FACT: Likewise ``Reuters.'' But there is no question that the Northern Snakehead exists, because it has invaded the United States. You may have seen the news reports about the discovery of juvenile Northern Snakeheads (we know they are juveniles, because they wear their hats backward) in a pond in Maryland. DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is the deal with Maryland? Wasn't Maryland also the location of the The Blair Witch Project tragedy, in which a group of annoying, yet somehow irritating, young filmmakers got lost in the woods and filmed themselves wandering around getting whacked by an evil supernatural hag who soon had the complete support of the movie audience? But be that as it may -- and, like you, I have NO idea what that phrase actually means -- the fact remains that the Northern Snakehead is on the loose in this country. This has wildlife officials very concerned, because the Northern Snakehead is sometimes called ''the male college student of the marine community'' -- eating everything in its path and then moving on to the next food source, leaving only devastation behind. As The Washington Post put it, the Northern Snakehead ``can make short work of a pondful of sunfish, crappies and pickerel -- and then shimmy on to other ponds on its belly and fins.'' DISCUSSION QUESTION: ``crappies?'' So anyway, Maryland wildlife officials are desperately trying to kill off the Northern Snakeheads. The Bush administration has also gotten involved, issuing a ban that prohibits Northern Snakeheads from entering the country, or, if they are already here, from exercising stock options. So it looks as though the wildlife authorities will eradicate this dangerous pest. On behalf of all Americans, I say to these officials: Are you CRAZY?? You're blowing the perfect chance to inject some excitement into the ''sport'' of fishing, which has degenerated into a pathetically unfair competition: • ON THE ONE SIDE, you have the most advanced species on earth (humans), equipped with graphite rods, alloy reels, computer-designed lures, chemically enhanced baits, copolymer line, sonar fish locators and vests with upward of 50 Velcro-flapped pockets. • ON THE OTHER SIDE, you have:``crappies.'' Is that fair? A guy with thousands of dollars worth of high-tech equipment against a worm-eating creature with the IQ of broccoli? Listen, wildlife authorities: Instead of DESTROYING the Northern Snakehead, we should IMPROVE it. We need a Snakehead Enhancement Project, in which these fish are genetically mutated via exposure to radiation, toxic waste and Mountain Dew. We need to develop a Snakehead that is bigger, meaner, toothier, and -- above all -- faster. Think what this would do for the sport of fishing! You know those TV fishing shows, the ones starring smug, chunky men who act as though it's a big exciting deal when they win a ''fight'' with a bass that weighs less than any given one of their tobacco wads? Well, imagine tuning in to one of these shows and seeing one of these guys sprinting desperately away from the water, waders flapping, pursued by a hungry, ticked-off, amphibious eating machine with a mouth like a grand piano, the soul of a reincarnated sinner and a cruising speed, on land, of 45 miles per hour. That's right: It's time to even the scales (har)! It's time these fishermen had to play some DEFENSE! If you agree with me, please gather up as much cash as you can humanly stuff into an envelope and send it to: Snakehead Enhancement Project, c/o me. I will personally see to it that all of the money, every single nickel of it, gets spent. Please act now, before somebody else has this idea. Do it for sportsmanship. Do it for conservation. And above all do it because, if you don't, the witch will get you.

I actually owned a Snakehead fish for a couple years. Now, mine never left his tank *completely*, walked, talked, sang, danced a jig on the kitchen floor or played a musical instrument....but it was a freaking strange fish! And it jumped up partially out of the tank frequently. We were impressed then, but now that I know what the Baltimore branch of his family tree can do, I think Louie must have been a retard for NOT chasing us out of the house!

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b]Jeff, I live about ten minutes from where the killer fish live. :eek: :eek: :eek: I was wondering what happened to my dog. :cry: [/b][/quote]I live about 40 minutes from there ............. where is my son and hampster ! dano
www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Archived