Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Minor triumph for a horrible bass player...

Tedster

I've been recording backing tracks for a solo acoustic gig, and piecing together bass tracks. All of the guitar players who say "bass is easy" need their heads examined. Even the simplest lines for my Alzheimered-out brain and arthritic fingers are challenging.

So, one of my tunes is "Two Of Us" by the Beatles (nod to Tom Capasso, who first gave me the idea a couple years ago to do that tune). No wonder he digs it. It's a really cool bass line. And, extremely easy I'm sure for someone who knows how to play bass properly. I don't fall into that category.

Well, I just tracked it, and it went really smoothly...even the bridge (the trickiest part for me).

Just thought I'd pass that on. (shrug)...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, as a guy who plays both guitar and bass, I can tell ya, playing bass requires a different headspace as well as a slightly different set of technical skills. The more you do it, the easier it becomes to switch.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Ted - Congrats on laying that down !! What are you doing with the vocals? Some day we have to do that tune together. And you'll have to play guitar, because I can't! But you are clearly making strides all around.

Cool :cool:

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived