Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Terry Reid.. singer / songwriter

57pbass

Did you know Singer / Songwriter Terry Reid was the 1st choice of Jimmy Page to front Led Zepplin....if he agreed they would have had two guitar players with Reid covering the vocals...could you imagine that!

Terry Reid declined due to prior tour commitments..and while on tour he saw Robert Plant perform and immediately called Jimmy Page..the rest ..as we all know is rock history..

Terry Reid is an amazing vocalist and performs in Beverely Hills Ca every Monday nite..worth a trip.... he has a few great CD's out as well...

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry Reid who covered "Bang Bang"?

Whom I saw play at the Grande Ballroom in Detroit in 1968?

I actually still have his album, although I haven't listened to it since then.

I'll listen to it tomorrow.

p.s. I was 20 at the time, I believe that he was younger.

Interesting, but what does this have to do with bass? :confused:

Interesting, but what does this have to do with bass?

Actually nothing...more music related but I thought with all the Zepplin fans on board they might find this interesting.

Jeremy..What do you remember about the show? I would love to see him peform but he passed through a few years before I started attending shows.. My brothers where huge fans.. I have the first album which has Highway 61 and just purchased The River.. David Lindley plays guitar on that album...

www.danielprine.com

I saw him perform at the aforementioned club in L.A. a couple of years ago. Awesome, although he doesn't have quite the set of pipes he used to. The club is called the Joint, and if you're in L.A. on a Monday night, you've GOT to check it out... Waddy Wachtel heads it up, Phil Jones on drums, etc. and you never know what luminaries are going to show up and sit in.

The regular bass player is Rick Rosas, of Neil Young's band the Bluenotes.

I saw some pix on his site with Keith Richards sitting in.. I read that Mick Taylor is also a regular.

After listening to some of his records its a miracle he can still sing... his voice was very powerful...

www.danielprine.com

Archived