Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question--how to not annoy the neighbors

Adamixoye

Also elevate your amp a few feet off the floor. You get a theoretical 3dB bump on lower frequencies with the floor couple.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NUTT:

The upstairs guys are A**HOLES though! I'm ready to fire up the 410 and crank my head to about 7 or 8 and shake the pictures off of their walls. 2 o'clock in the friggin' morning and they are playing Dave Matthews Band loud enough that it wakes my girlfriend up.

Hook up a CD player to your 4x10 and wait until 3am when they're asleep. Play "Vasoline" (STP) or "Suck My Kiss" (RHCP). That may not solve the problem but it might make you feel better.

:D My personal choice was the first movement of "The Firebird Suite" by Igor Stravinsky, played at midnight on a 300-watt stereo system with Cerwin-Vega floor speakers. But your 4x10 will do the opening bass section justice.

(for details about the suite, click here )

Fred,

I have a similar stereo system with a bit more power and Sony floor speakers instead of the C-Vs. If it weren't for my other neighbors I'd just crank some vicious death metal and leave the apartment for a few hours.

Alas, I have to be a grown-up.

Originally posted by SteveC:

I keep it down, and try to be respectful. I can only assume that since there have been no nasty notes or calls, I must be doing OK.

but how do you practice?? ;)
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Originally posted by NUTT:

Alas, I have to be a grown-up.

(sigh) yes, it's the smart thing to do, but I do miss my younger days when I would've gone with annoying my neighbors...

:D

Archived