Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jeremy's NAMM diary and pictures

jeremy c

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jeremy, sorry I couldn't meet you after "threatening" you about it :D

We only live 7 or so hours apart, so maybe one day soon.

I might be up in your area for an amazingly limited time in a couple months for a state wrestling meet....so maybe then if you don't mind me "seeing me like that"....i get kinda weird after running 15 miles and not eating for a couple days :freak:

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Are you really tall or is Lee Rocker short( I was just thinking about his cover of Johnny Cash's "Frankie and Johnny" today)?

Jamming with Carol Kaye, that's cool!

Did our Bassaddick Adrian tour with KC & the Sunshine Band?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Very cool! Thanks for your great effort, Jeremy! :thu:

Cool photos..

I really dug the whole blog but what really jumped out for me was:

I did see my old friend Chuck Sher of Sher Music Publications. Buy as many of his books as you can afford, you wont be disappointed. Chuck, by the way, is also a fine bass player.

I really dig his books! :thu:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

you jammed with carol kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!! you lucky son of a . . .butterfly :D

how was she? still have the "chops" of her spector and wilson days?

just watched her on the "brian wilson petsounds liver 2000" dvd where she took part in the documentary section. how can she not have horrible arthritis :confused::D

Very cool, J. Thanks for sharing prose and pics.

I saw both a Thunderfunk and a Merlin peeking out from behind Whappo in his pic, but I couldn't see what preamp was hooked into that Stew 2.1 to his right (our left)...

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

Are you really tall or is Lee Rocker short( I was just thinking about his cover of Johnny Cash's "Frankie and Johnny" today)?

Jamming with Carol Kaye, that's cool!

Did our Bassaddick Adrian tour with KC & the Sunshine Band?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I am 6'1". Lee Rocker is very short.

And yes, Adrian did tour with KC.

Originally posted by musicfiend:

Lee Rocker....5 5"

5 9" with hair gel

Don't knock Lee. The man can play his ass off! The man could give masterclasses in the rockabilly upright slap style and make a small fortune.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Very cool collection of pictures Jeremy! I'll post the pictures I took when I get back to Seattle. I'm still in SoCal on business until the end of the week. I played a few of those Barker upright electric basses, and I must say that they were pretty cool. They are basically a jazz bass neck on an upright bass configuration. Very playable and decent tone from them.

Originally posted by Nicklab:

Originally posted by musicfiend:

Lee Rocker....5 5"

5 9" with hair gel

Don't knock Lee. The man can play his ass off! The man could give masterclasses in the rockabilly upright slap style and make a small fortune.
I wasn't intentionally knockin anybody, I was making a small joke based on an old chevy chase movie called fletch. I don't care if someone is hort or tall. Hey, think about it this way, my dad is 5'6 and my grandpa is 6'6.....they're both good in my book ;)
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

you jammed with carol kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!! you lucky son of a . . .butterfly :D
My sentiments exactly. And Bunny! Cool!

Great pics J.C.

Thanks a ton.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived