Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The new Silverchair??????

Has amyone heard this?Its such a crazy musical about-face i`m wondering if any of you guys have any insider info about how much the band really had to do with the process.I know Van Dyke Parks worked with them-its just so crazy its hard to believe they did any more then write some songs and then the rest of the production was just svengalied around them.....Arch

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can definitely hear the Van Dyke Parksness in Across The Night, World Upon your Shoulders, etc. The transition from the grinding metal of One Way Mule to Tuna In The Brine is pretty wild. Can people handle crunchy guitars and orchestrated pop on the same CD? It'll never work!

[quote]Originally posted by GT3: [b]Sounds like he's talking about a new silverchair album; you'd have to be kinda slow not to figure that out.[/b][/quote]Hmmm - I was just querying whether he meant there was another band that was the new silverchair - bit like how some bands are touted as the new Beatles etc etc. You'd have to be kinda slow not to figure that out :freak: And thank you dear wewus :)

Well i`ll pipe in at the end of this to clear up that i was indeed inquiring about a new cd by the band silverchair-so we can lay that to rest!I have little interst in silverchair but i heard a few cuts of the new album "tuna in the brine" amoung others and i was a little blown away by what sounded more like elliot smith meets jeff buckley meets the london philharmonic ,then anything i`d heard by silverchair!hats off to them for doing something artistic anyways...Arch

I can't hear it right now (switching computers over, still have to install a sound card), but I see Jim Moginie of Midnight Oil is playing keyboards on it; that's very cool IMO. I would guess if he has any input, there would be a bit of a Beatles-ish cadence influence and a fair amount more invention in the arrangements....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Archived