Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trip Report: LizzyD rocks. Film at 11

Prague

Me and a girl (a bass player with a girl?!?) went and watched our very own LizzyD filming for a movie. It was here in Seattle.

Lizzy rocks and she's hot. She sported the J-bass in maroon with the pearloid pickguard. I think the movie is called Entertain the Moon.

Tell us more, Lizzy.

Back to you, Chet.

(cut, aaaaaaaaaaaand print)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Lizzy, what's the scoop on your film super stardom? Between you and Ben "Orc-Killer-Meets-Tragic-Demise" Loy, we're chock full of big screen personalities now.

Did you pile up a heap o' Bergantino behind you on the stage?

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Thanks for coming out Prague! But why didn't ya say hi? :wave: Or did you and I had no idea? :freak:

Yes, I used the big Bergie cab...even though they didn't exist in 1993 when this was supposed to have taken place. Only the observant bass players will notice! :D If there was a budget I would have requested they rent something more appropriate, like an old Ampeg 8x10.

The film in question is called Entertain The Moon and it's a very low budget indie film about rock and roll and two best friends. Most of the music is written and performed by local singer Toby Brady, who also plays one of the main characters. I've been working with him on the songs and recording bass tracks for the soundtrack. Since they had to shoot some scenes of his character's band performing, I got to be the bass player. I also appear in a cemetary scene and a scene of the band walking backstage after the show.

We were originally planning to lip sync to the two songs being shown in the film, but there was some problem with the recording, so we played them live a few times and recorded it. I think that was much better for the performance energy, since the drummer could play for real and we could make real noise instead of miming to a track. Sure had fun!

I have no idea when this thing's going to be finished, but I was told these are among the last scenes they needed to shoot for the whole movie. As far as I know, once it's edited and done, they'll shop for distribution and try to get into the film festivals. I don't know much about the film industry or the chances of it actually getting "released" in any format. Maybe nobody will ever see it. I did this kind of thing for another indie film that never even got finished (probably because it was so awful).

Some photos from the show here.

Yea, I did want to chat but the girlfriend needed to leave and you were still doing takes of the songs. Oh, well. I was the guy that was idolizing you at the front of the stage and threw my wallet and underwear to your feet. :D Hmmm, that may not be specific enough. I was one of the throngs of your admirers. We'll just have to do that Seattle musicplayers mini-convention next month. I'll keep you posted.

Funny, though, that they wanted everything to look like 1993. What bands DON'T look like 1993 (or earlier)! :D

Originally posted by BenLoy:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who caves in and slings their bass low when the rawk posse demands it. :D

Oh yeah, I put mine down to bring the RAWK. I didn't want to look like a geek with it up where I normally wear it, and since the songs only have about 3 or 4 notes each, who needs proper hand positioning? :P

Originally posted by LizzyD:

Oh yeah, I put mine down to bring the RAWK. I didn't want to look like a geek with it up where I normally wear it, and since the songs only have about 3 or 4 notes each, who needs proper hand positioning? :P

:D

Unfortunately I have the thankless task of trying to play all these uber-wank bass parts in Mrs. Grundy (including a slap solo in our neo-romantic ballad entitled "Mr. Happy Colon") with my strap in shoegazer mode. I think it's why I'm hunching over in my avatar. :rolleyes:

Archived