Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My pain in the @$$ band has a gig Friday. - Updated - Thank you! Good night!!!!

Tenstrum

Originally posted by Tenstrum:

You all just don't understand...(well maybe you do). I had such high hopes. This music was some of the best stuff I've ever played.

Tenstrum ... who was responsible for this music? Was it a collaberative effort, or was there one central songwriter?

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tenstrum:

You all just don't understand...(well maybe you do). I had such high hopes. This music was some of the best stuff I've ever played.

Oh well...

Gone with the wind...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been through this too.

Sorry about the break-up, but weren't you calling them "My pain in the @$$ band"?

Take from the experience and build a stronger, faster, better ($6 million) band.

Seriously, I'm sorry for the rocky road you've hit.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

I'll take what Connie said one step further.

Along with learning all the music things, you have learned something about how people can be, what can affect their (and your) lives, and to try to manage your expectations. It isn't easy.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Problem is, I learned all these lessons long ago...

But I had hope that it would work out this time.

The guitarist and drummer usually came up with the main riffs. I was content to help out on the bridges and chorus, throw some cool licks in, help structure songs (probably my main strength), and jump around like an idiot...

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Funny thing happened the other night...

I was at one of the local Wal-Marts getting ready to check out and the I hear this guy start yelling HEY!

I turned around and he said didn't your band play and aren't you the bass player??

I was like yep.

And he started talking about how much he really enjoyed the show...

Made me feel good. Then I got sad all over again, because its over with..

But at least I know one person get enjoyment out of it. That makes it worth it alone. :)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

That's one of the reasons I keep doing it man! Ego strokes are great. :love:

That should be an indicator to you Strum - you kick ass buddy, and any band you put time into will too.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived