Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Prayer please

dhurstlmt

I realize this is vastly off topic, but I am looking for help in the places I hang out. My dad goes in for a quintiple bypass tomorrow and I am naturally worried. It is fairly unexpected, but according to the doctors it is amazing he is still alive. I would just like to ask those of of you who pray to do so for my dad tomorrow. He goes into surgery at 8am Pacific Time. I will very much appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

david

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you are amongst family here in the forum. Having gone though something similar a few years ago with my father, I understand completely.

You have my prayers and my wishes for a full and expiditious recovery.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

i will also lift my prayer up to the Lord for your father. it is wonderful that you know that prayer is key.. unbelievably powerful--- praise God and may he shine his loving light tomorrow and everyday to come... in Jesus's name...

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

First things first. I got a call today to let me know that the surgery went ok. There were no major complications and everything went according to schedule. There was some excess bleeding and seepage, but it is now under control. Now he just has the long road of recovery ahead. I will appreciate any further prayers offered, but thankfully, by God's grace, he is out of the woods. I get to fly out to Oregon tomorrow to spend some time with him so I couldn't be happier. Thank you all who prayed. God is good and truly answers prayer. I don't care what the rest of the world says about us bass players. :D You guys are the best in the world. Thank you very much for caring and sharing your time and spiritual requests with one such as I. I am forever in your debt. Thanks. david :love:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Originally posted by dhurstlmt:

First things first. I got a call today to let me know that the surgery went ok. There were no major complications and everything went according to schedule. There was some excess bleeding and seepage, but it is now under control. Now he just has the long road of recovery ahead. I will appreciate any further prayers offered, but thankfully, by God's grace, he is out of the woods. I get to fly out to Oregon tomorrow to spend some time with him so I couldn't be happier. Thank you all who prayed. God is good and truly answers prayer. I don't care what the rest of the world says about us bass players. :D You guys are the best in the world. Thank you very much for caring and sharing your time and spiritual requests with one such as I. I am forever in your debt. Thanks. david :love:

Recovery is actually very fast in these cases. Both my mother and father-in-law have had the surgery and were back up to snuff in a matter of a few weeks. Actually, he will probably feel better than he has in years with all the new plumbing letting the blood flow much better.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

David - Glad to hear your dad is doing well! My wife is a post-op cardio-thoracic surgery nurse. Her advise is to tell your dad to take his pain medication, do his breathing exercises, get up and ambulatory ASAP and rest when he feels tired. And remind him that every day is a little better than the one before.

We wish him a speedy recovery ! :thu:

Push the button Frank.

Glad to hear good news Dave. You all impress me with your support and encouragement. What a blessing you all are to have! I feel blessed, even in times of torment mice elf.

Thanks Mates! Good luck to Dave and All!

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

I'll include him in my prayers. I just got back from 14 hrs at the hospital with my wife's Grandmother. She's 81 and just got a double bypass. Not the typical coronary one but the carated (sp?)artery as well. Everything went well and we are waiting for her to come out of anesthesia shortly. While waiting for the procedure, my wife's father gave us a heart scare as well, luckily it was caught in time.

Needless to say, the past month and a half, a lot of time has been spent in the hospital.

Good luck and god bless.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Great news Have a safe flight...

My cousin told me the most painful part of the healing process where the inner thigh areas where they removed some veins... But he feels great .

Speedy and healthy recovery for your Dad you and the rest of your family..

www.danielprine.com

For both of out "patients", I wish you the best. I prayed at church this morning for you guys and your loved ones. My dad had a triple (with various stents and stuff over the years following). It becomes something you think about for the rest of their lives. And you are grateful that they are with you!

God Bless

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived