Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM '05 Anaheim Attendees??

Bob Gollihur

Was going to skip Anaheim this year, but I weakened last night and booked the trip. We'll be wandering about on Thursday and Friday, and plan to attend the BassQuake NAMM Summit 2005 on Friday night. Hope to see you there!

Anyone else scheduled to attend?

Count off!

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there, and now I have found that I may actually be doing some work! An unnamed (for now) manufacturer has POSSIBLY decided to release one of my sample CDs.

At any rate, I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'll be in the area Thursday, but I'm taking the kid to Disney.

"For instance" is not proof.

hi, Bob G!

hi, Bob L !

and all others...

i will God willing be there actually a day early helping Carey Nordstrand set up his booth full of those ugly basses. Heck, I may even play a little... still working on my NAMM 128th note triplet slapping chops... hey, i wanna fit in..dig?

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Originally posted by bassaddik:

...a day early helping Carey Nordstrand set up his booth full of those ugly basses. Heck, I may even play a little...

My apologies and sympathies for the trials you need to endure. Oh, the pain! The pain!

;):D

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Hi Bob G, maybe this time we'll actually be able to finally meet in person. I will be at the Bass Bash on Thursday night and will be at NAMM until Sunday. I'll have to print out the list from this thread and the other NAMM thread and at least try to catch up with all the Lowdown attendees. I'll always be checking in at the Accugroove booth if your trying to find me.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

by the way, even though I'm bassaddik, i'll be wearing some guy named Adrian Garcia's badge. :D

so make sure you say hello!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Originally posted by Wally Malone:

Hi Bob G, maybe this time we'll actually be able to finally meet in person. I will be at the Bass Bash on Thursday night and will be at NAMM until Sunday. I'll have to print out the list from this thread and the other NAMM thread and at least try to catch up with all the Lowdown attendees. I'll always be checking in at the Accugroove booth if your trying to find me.

Wally

Will you be wearing your hat?!?! ;)

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

• 2 weeks later...

HI all.

I just found out that I'll be there.

I'm gonna be wandering with a couple friends. PM me or ust post if you would like to meet me, and get an autograph :D

ha

Anyway, if you want to spot me, here is a picture froma year ago

http://www.drawingblanksmusic.com/gallery/live/2003/10-12-sg/7.jpg

NOw, 'm taller with longer hair, and I'wontbe walking around with a warwick in my hands

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

I have a pass for Friday and Saturday. I want to meet up with several of you, even if it's just so say, "hi". PM me with where you'll be at NAMM and/or hit me with your cell number and I will do the same. I will definitely be at the SWR booth for a great while hanging with that one guy with the initials BB.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I will definitely be at the SWR booth for a great while hanging with that one guy with the initials BB.

This surprises me given the invective used when I mentioned your name at BPLive. I guess they were terms of endearment, but not words I'd have used. My brief time with him confirmed your opinion that he is a fine fellow.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

OK, after much trial and tribulation, and due to the kindness of strangers, I will definitely be at NAMM on Friday and Saturday. I'd be there Thursday, too, but the 2 year old wants to see Playhouse Disney...I kind of want to see it too. :D

Anyway, if you see me on the floor please say hello. I didn't have time to get a "09" button, but I'll be the tired, fat Korean guy in a Clatter T-Shirt or a ballcap with a shark on it. Either way, I'll definitely be carrying a manpurse.

I know...it paints a pretty picture, doesn't it?

Oh, or you could call my cell. 312-282-6923

I look forward to seeing a bunch of you there. I have 3 gigs of RAM in my digital camera, and I'm not afraid to use it! (I'm Asian, after all).

Originally posted by zeronyne:

I have 3 gigs of RAM in my digital camera, and I'm not afraid to use it! (I'm Asian, after all).

And thank goodness he doesn't stereotype himself.

Now everyone who has a question about photography will be calling his cellphone.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

Originally posted by zeronyne:

I have 3 gigs of RAM in my digital camera, and I'm not afraid to use it! (I'm Asian, after all).

And thank goodness he doesn't stereotype himself.

Now everyone who has a question about photography will be calling his cellphone.

Tom

I no speak engrish. I no know camera.

By the way, it's 82 degrees here in L.A. My wife is refusing to go back.

Hi guys,

I'll be there, but during the BassQuake event I'm obligated to attend a party held by BP sister magazine Keyboard. Might play a little hooky, though.

I'd love to meet some of you guys. I'll be at Music Player's booth from 4 to 5 Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Bill Leigh, Editor in Chief

BASS PLAYER

Originally posted by Bill Leigh:

Hi guys,

I'll be there, but during the BassQuake event I'm obligated to attend a party held by BP sister magazine Keyboard. Might play a little hooky, though.

I'd love to meet some of you guys. I'll be at Music Player's booth from 4 to 5 Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Bill, look forward to catching up with you there.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Archived