Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The End of the World is Nigh-So You Better Start Practicing

Rick Hoffman

Hey guys

Definately OT here but I heard the poles have shifted one inch. An articel I read in the NY times confirmed this, basically they said its no big deal since the Chandler Wobble variates around 33 ft per year, which is fine I understand that.

But I did some research on pole shifting, magentic fields, rocks, etc etc its some deep and scary shit, man. Supposedly pole shifts are supposed to happen every 200,000 years and its been around 700,000 since the last one so we're long overdue.

A pole shift is probably the worst most unimaginable thing to happen to us on this earth. Think of a snow globe gettin all shook up.

With all the natural disasters going on, could this be the beginning of the end? Better have your contingency plans in place!

Think we have enough time to do one last gig? Write one last song? Play as if it were our last day alive?

Here's a few of many links I found on the subject-

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_2.htm

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/PSResearch/PS_Precursor/possible_precursor.htm

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/PSResearch/Strain/SmallPoleShift.htm

http://www.greatdreams.com/poleshift.htm

http://www.crystalinks.com/poleshifts.html

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm worried that my toilet is gonna swirl the wrong way and I may develop an Australian accent! I can think of no worse fate! :eek:

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

On a related note, I heard that the earthquake in Indonesia actually affected the rotation of the earth. It made that day a fraction of a second shorter. Things like that really make you think.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

HAHHAHAHHAA!! Conspiracy theorist/doomsayer physics is hysterical.

The magnetic poles shift. This has happened in the past and it will happen again. A sudden, massive movement of the plates that make up the earth's crust is not going to happen.

The seismic (mis)information that has plagued the airwaves this week is amusing. I learned from NPR that Los Angeles is moving toward San Francisco at the same rate your fingernails grow.

You laugh now Bump - but LA is on their way up the coast. Seattle isn't THAT far away, and Portland will not defend you.

BWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :freak:

BTW - If the New Madrid Fault ever goes, y'all can dig my bass gear out of the crevice and divide it amongst yourselves. ;)

- Matt W.

If LA and SF come into close proximity, will there be a reaction due to critical mass? A mass of what I will leave to your imagination. My fiance is on me about cleaning the storage area. I'll just tell here that there is on point since we are heading back up the trees!

Some one start a poll:

New ice age or global warming?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Originally posted by Social Critic:

Some one start a poll:

New ice age or global warming?

I blame Lemmy.

To Lemmy-

The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

HAHHAHAHHAA!! Conspiracy theorist/doomsayer physics is hysterical.

The magnetic poles shift. This has happened in the past and it will happen again. A sudden, massive movement of the plates that make up the earth's crust is not going to happen.

Bump I'm with ya but I wasn't talking about the magnetic poles shifting in this case. Yea they shift all the time thats kind of normal, what I was referring to is the actual axis of the earth shifting.

A pole shift in the physical sense is what happened during the last ice age-i.e. end of the world. The imbalance of the polar ice caps along with other natural forces cause the earth's crust to actually shift, and the poles become the equator and what was the equator becomes polar.

It happens suddenly and there's earthquakes and volcanic action involved. Sounds like it would make a really cool movie!

Well I hope you all survive the end, and if not, I'll see you at that great big gig in the sky...

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

My other big fear is that my pickups could be effected. Hell, they may become outputs and my speakers become inputs...THAT WOULD SUCK! :eek:

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Ok, thread hijack warning.

If this is IT, we need a setlist! Here's one to get started. :D

The End of the World as we Know it - REM

When the World is Running Down - The Police

Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo

The End of the World - Gary Moore

Stormbringer - Deep Purple

Time - Pink Floyd

The End - The Doors

Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower

Dust in the Wind - Kansas

Too Late - Journey

Crash & Burn - Pat Travers

Lights Out - UFO

( BREAK ) next set.....................

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Personally, I like the idea of Pat Travers "Crash & Burn" while loading every weapon I own. Global upheaval? Societal collapse?I say bring it.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived