Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GiG SpAm: chancer at Mercury Lounge 1.5.05

getz out

I hope all is going well; just a friendly, neighborhood gig-spam here.

We were just asked by the fine folks at Mercury Lounge to fill-in a Wednesday night slot. The interesting part is that our second guitarist is flying home from India the same day, so we are not sure if he's going to make the show. That means (if he is delayed) I might overplay like crazy, sing a lot of backing vocals, and keep the overdrive engaged for the majority of the show. I think that would be entertaining.

What? chancer plays original rock and roll (check out chancermusic.com )

When? 7:30 PM, Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Where? Mercury Lounge, 217 E. Houston St., New York, NY | (212) 260-4700 | mercuryloungenyc.com

Why? Celebrate the New Year with some Yuppie Rock. $8 cover.

Let me know if any of you cats on the forum can make it out so we can grab a beer or such before or after the show.

-Maury

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's cousin lives in the Armonk area and works in the city (her husband works in White Plains). A 7:30 PM show might just work out for them. And they're Yuppies (but very sweet Yuppies).

I'll pass it along.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Looks like an interesting week. LD meeting on Tuesday, Chancer on Wednesday, band practice on Friday. Yeah - I'll be done on Saturday....

See ya there!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I'm going to try to make this. I have to resolve a scheduling conflict on the "master family calendar" first, though -- and that's always a bit of a roll of the dice.

Peace.

--Sweet "spreadin' the luv ev'ry day" Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

What ever happened to the good ole Fake ID?

I swear, this new generation sometimes . . .

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Hey Maury when is Chancer going to tour the Midwest so, that me and 0-9 may get a chance to check you guys out. :D

As I am sure you will bring the rock. Good luck. Which of course I'm sure you will not need.

Erik, look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Jason, sorry man; 6 months, right? It's worth the wait. Back in the day, I would agree with Matt, but lately they've been hardcore about getting cops involved with fake ID's... sucks. ;)

Nick, 7:30pm most likely means 8pm. Mercury is pretty hard core about schedules, though.

Wade, Chicago is a definitely possibility; our guitarist (the one who is currently in India and scheduled to land Wednesday afternoon at Newark Airport) has some drawn in Chicago. We also have ties with a local band out there. This summer the list is starting to look like Boston, Wash DC, Chicago, Pittsburg, and possibly London.

Thanks all!

-maury

I might make this one, Maury. Even if your band stinks. Haha just kidding. I checked out the site and you guys definately are the real deal. And yes what I just said is a far cry from something else I said not long ago... ;)

I enjoy watching 3 piece bands play. So this should be real exciting.

Should I dress swanky and suave or lowdown and casual?

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

Originally posted by getz76:

Erik, look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Jason, sorry man; 6 months, right? It's worth the wait. Back in the day, I would agree with Matt, but lately they've been hardcore about getting cops involved with fake ID's... sucks. ;)

Nick, 7:30pm most likely means 8pm. Mercury is pretty hard core about schedules, though.

Wade, Chicago is a definitely possibility; our guitarist (the one who is currently in India and scheduled to land Wednesday afternoon at Newark Airport) has some drawn in Chicago. We also have ties with a local band out there. This summer the list is starting to look like Boston, Wash DC, Chicago, Pittsburg, and possibly London.

Thanks all!

-maury

On your triumphant Northeast tour, why not stop in Hartford! They go ga-ga for NYC bands. Check out

www.sullyspub.com

I even have two couches and a love seat with your name on them!

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

JWH - the east village requires jeans or a salvation army suit. ;)

73p - you the man, C. I'm going to work on that for the "Boston" leg of the tour.

William - that explains a lot; lack of initial judgment of character was your "in", eh? ;)

Look forward to seeing the folks that can make it out!

Bump o' luv.

I will try to attend this event. Have yet to get a firm negative or positive from my wife -- maybe she's more suspicious about Maury than I first thought...

If I arrive early and bring the Fish o' Luv, do I get to participate in soundcheck? If so, which of Maury Spades' rigs would I get to use?

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Willie,

The rig is going to be the Bergantino HT112/EX112 combination powered by either the Eden WT-330 or the Kern IP-777->Peavey DPC 1400X. It'll be a gametime decision. :D

We may not sound-check since we're probably going to get there after work.

Thanks for the bump; hope you can make it out!

OK - Willie and I were chatting. Since this lame-o band isn't going on until 7-freakin-30 and most of us get out of work earlier than that, we're going to make a dinner stop.

I'm fixin for around 6. Willie will post the location (but somewhere near the gig).

So we're combining two things. This has officially become the "Chancy Food" outing. :P

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Tom / Sweets... I have the perfect place for you both to go and its right down the street from Mercury Lounge.

Send a Salami to your boy in the army ...

or Where Harry met Sally ...

Katz's Deli -- Houston and Ludlow...

Have the corned beef its the best in the city.. hey wait I thought that line was have the veal ??? name the movie folks

www.danielprine.com

Maury also recommended Katz's Deli at Houston and Ludlow.

Going to the Chancer gig? Grab a bite to eat w/ Tom and Willie at Katz's Deli beforehand!

I can get there by about 6:15pm to get my pastrami on before the show.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Archived