Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick Bass Amp tone

parra

ok,

I've bought the warwick pro fet Iv, and im finding it really powerful and it cuts through really well and im stoked for the price i got it for. So far it's been gr8. I've been fiddling around for a while looking for a good tone, and i can find a half perfect one, but i really want it to growl, not distort or anything, just that really bass humping your face shit like flea on "live at hyde park". Im pretty new to the eq and have been fiddling around with every slider for a while but it just doesn't go bam....have any of u's got any ideas?

cheers,

Parra :D

Footy....pie....Footy...pie..Footy..pie.Footy..Pie.FootyPieFootyPieFootypieFOOTYPIE.....mmm...Pie...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by parra:

[QBbass humping your face shit[/QB]

I really can't offer any advise to you, I just really appreciate your description!

But on that note, I don't think you'll get "growl" with the eq, unless you pin everything in an attempt to overdrive the power section.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Warwick amps are less common in the US, and the price (and competition) makes them a tough sell. I have no experience with them.

One thing you might describe for us is your bass. What are you using? How are the controls set? You may have to do something with controls or technique to acheive the tone you seek.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by parra:

...i really want it to growl, not distort or anything, just that really bass humping your face shit like flea on "live at hyde park".

Growl is something you have to get out of your bass - your amp can't fake it. Turn down your neck pickup, turn up your bridge pickup and boost the lows to compensate. Growl?

Alex

Archived