Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gain booster

frontlinebass

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read good things about the semour duncan boost pedal..........I believe it's called the pickup booster.

The fulltone co. features boosters. With most of these boosters however, no matter what type your tone will change: whether it's a little or big change it's still a change.

I believe the biggest differences would be some compression and natural overdrive, but you really must hear the pedals for yourself if you can. Only you can decide whether or not you really DON"T WANT that change. Or if the change can really be heard in your setting.

I believe an article in bass player once spoke about this amazing upright tone that sat in perfectly in the mix. And when the engineer soloed it, it was rough, trebly, and nasty........but it still sounded natural in the mix.................

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

I got this for $19. Notice the switches - set the Mode to "clean" and the Attack to "off" and it's a boost pedal. Step on it for instant volume. Use the Attack switch to add a tiny bit of flavor if needed.

Tom

http://www.ibanez.com/accessories/zooms/PD7.jpg

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

I got this for $19. Notice the switches - set the Mode to "clean" and the Attack to "off" and it's a boost pedal. Step on it for instant volume. Use the Attack switch to add a tiny bit of flavor if needed.

Tom

http://www.ibanez.com/accessories/zooms/PD7.jpg

I've used this for just boost as well. Nice pedal for the bucks.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived