Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aguilar AG500-212 combo

tatudbassman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57P,the MSRP is sorta scary. But, I'm tired of "big rigs"...I just want that Phat/harmonic sound in a smaller package. I know nothing really about it but, the looks,(2)12's,500w,horn etc...Got my attention. FYI, I've always liked that Classic Ampeg sound but not a 160 lb cabinet. Next in-ears, if God wants.

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

I think that will appeal to the younger cats who still have good backs and don't mind hauling bulky, heavy gear! Will it fit in a trunk? Back seat? Will you tear up your ride loading her in and out? You'd still have to add another cab to get the full 500w I'm assuming! I prefer the smaller modular approach. It looks nice though and it probably kicks @$$! Oh, and that price? I think you can get a lot more for your money!
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

You're right DW. I used a Peavey 412 TVX Pro-Series (4ohms, 1200 max, 900 cont), with an Ampeg B2R head (350w)...and never got it over 1/2 way on the gain/main volume. That would be great for adding a 15", or a 2 or 4x10 cab with for big venues. Right now I play through an Ampeg B100R, and mic it w/Sennheiser EVO602. And it does great. I just wish it had the extra umph, of the 500w.

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

Archived