Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lee, when are you going to do an Oasis cover?

For some reason, I've got it into my head that What The? would do a killer Oasis cover. I was thinking 'Cigarettes & Alcohol' or 'Rock 'n Roll Star'
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha! Well thanks for thinking of us Rog... but actually we are not Oasis fans at all. Not like we really hate them or anything, but we just find them boring. Obviously we love British pop but it's more the 60's and 80's stuff than now... basically we think the previous waves of British pop and rock had a lot more high energy than the present one. There are a few good songwriters in the current wave but I dunno, most of it doesn't do much for us. It's kind of funny actually, the reason my bandmates' former band broke up was because the lead singer really wanted to ride the current Britpop bandwagon and nobody else wanted to. In fact their band tried it and lost most of their audience (not to mention the other band members were bored to tears). So the singer finally quit and joined a band that sounds a lot like Oasis, and apparently think they're going to be big rock stars. They're really just a bunch of boring posers that wouldn't know a good time if it fell on them. :D Oh well. --Lee

Oh well ....... Can't you just play a riff on that Les Paul of yours and email it over? ;)
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Is there any truth to the rumor that What The...? is working on a Rush-Phil Collins medley ? ;) I was thinking "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman. Call out the instigators because there's something in the air we've got to get it together sooner or later because there's something in the air and you know that it's true

Yeah, "Something in the Air" is a great song! (not to be confused with "In the Air Tonight"... LOL :D ) Actually though, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did a great cover of it a few years ago, which got a lot of airplay. So we haven't really considered doing it, we like to focus on the more obscure gems. It's kind of blowing our minds though, the [url=http://www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com]Little Steven\'s Underground Garage[/url] radio show seems to play a couple of songs every week that we cover! And never thought we'd hear on the radio. Plus a few that we wouldn't mind covering. And we've heard quite a few current bands on there that we really like and had not heard, too. REALLY a cool show and you can listen to it on the net if the show doesn't air in your area. We'll get right on that Rush/Phil medley, though, that'd be right up our alley! :) --Lee

Archived