Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BNX3 from the Inside

Farid

Ok, so I have opened my BNX3 and tought it would be interesting for some to see, and know what you should expect to find inside in case someday you have to do the same.

http://snevq.com/bnx3/1a.jpg

http://snevq.com/bnx3/2a.jpg

http://snevq.com/bnx3/3a.jpg

My actual problem wasn't solved. I have the bank down button screwed or something, so i opened the pedal to use a blower and see if it helped, which it didn't. My problems started when we began rehearsing in a room with no carpet and a dusty floor because of recent construction work they did there. No more than 5 rehearsals and not just my bnx3 but the guitar players GT-6 started giving this problems.

He did the same with exactly the same results. Nuthin'.

Any suggestion?

(Besides cleaning up the room which we already did of course :) )

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spray some contact cleaner onto the boards (especially inside the switches) and see what happens. And you don't have to go to Radio Shack to get it. Last can I bought was from a hobby shop and it was designed to clean motors on model cars and airplanes. Cost the same as RS, but the can was twice as big and lasted twice as long.

You can also make up a "home brew" of acetone and wood alcohol, both available from Home Depot, but be careful storing that because those chemicals are flammable.

If that doesn't work, well...

try to do a factory reset on it. remember to write down any changes that you have done so you can reprogram them in. if that does not do it try warranty work.

to prevent it in the future do what i do when i play at this one club where there is a rail on the front of the stage. people like to set their drinks on it and then knock them onto anything you have on the floor.

take a large clear plastic bag. plug all of your cables into the floor pedal. then duct tape the bag tight across the top of the pedal leave the ends open to allow for some airflow. it has saved me a couple of times.

Originally posted by Luke73:

If you're going to start spraying contact cleaner around, make sure you get one that's safe to use on plastics - some of them aren't. Also, I'd be concerned that a home brew made from acetone will damage many plastics it comes in contact with.

Be careful...

Hence the alcohol/acetone mix. The alcohol dilutes the strength of pure acetone. But I'd experiment on test circuit boards first if I wasn't certain of the resulting strength. I can't recall the precise mix but the formula is out there somewhere.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I think i'm going to go for the factory reset first, actually had'nt think of it at first, i hope it does the trick. If i get no difference i'll have to go with the contact cleaner / acetone-alcohol way.

I'll comment on how this turns out.

Thanks again.

Farid

Archived