Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chris Wood

Cliff Bordwell

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotta say that Scofields A Go Go could be one of my favorites of all time. MMW with one of my favorite gtr players.

Similar music by Robert Walters 20th Congress and The Greyboy Allstars is also up there. Can't remember the bassists name now,but hes great,and just part of why its so cool. Good stuff.

I wondered if I was the only guy aware of Mr. Woods... MMW is very groovy, very cool. I can't help but do the chicken head every time I hear "Bubble House". I personally use that song to casually throw at new drummers, and see how long it takes them to notice how the tempo speeds up. It's surprising to see some really good drummers tapping along, not mentioning anything until it's almost at twice the original tempo :) .

Great stuff.

Chris is one of my favorite players. I first got into MMW after learning about them through the Govt Mule "Deep End" project CD's.

"Chubb Sub" is one of my favs

In fact, " Last Chance to Dance Trance(perhaps)" is in my CD player right now. :cool:

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

• 4 months later...

Bump!

I saw MMW in concert 4/21. They came out, waved off the applause and dove in, non-stop for about an hour. After a break they came back and did it again. Through all the tempo and meter changes Chris held it down with the utter-most funk.

My wife says I can get an upright bass now. :love:

- Matt W.

Count me in.

I've seen 3 MMW shows, 2 of which were superb, 1 was a bit mediocre which proves to me that they ARE human and CAN get tired on tour.

I like Chris' sence of timing and intonation and his beautiful gutstring sound (he's on the top of my list, only Greg Cohen is placed higher).

Playing with Billy Martin must be heaven also. Check out Billy's label www.amuletrecords.com (don't use Firefox to view this one, it renders it all a bit in the wrong place and stuff) and listen to some samples of his drum-records: illy B eats 1 + 2. I've got them both on vinyl. If you don't move a muscle while listening to these records I'll repaint your house. :P

Damn straight.

I saw mmw about a year ago in a small, hot, and smoky( :freak: ) club in san juan capistrano. They had me in a trance, totally awesome, grooalicious, and reall intense. And then chris wood busted out a really amazing solo on his acoustic. He was busting out some heavy bebop style stuff, pulling his thumb for slap style playin, and just smacking the body of his bass like a drum. Definitely one of my favorite live shows.

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Archived