Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New toys

ChrisOfDoom

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RHINO_ROB:

which did you get?

i put a hot for p-bass and a hot for jazz stack in my ibanez. muy bueno. sounded so good i took out the phat bass boost.

Quarter pounders. One P and one J. I can't wait to hear them... Damned family thaksgiving responsibilities...

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

Quarter pounders. One P and one J. I can't wait to hear them... Damned family thanksgiving responsibilities...

my second choice. i just got a good deal on the ones that i got. well hopefully you won't have to wait too long to put them in.

I just bought a MIM Fender Jazz and I was actually impressed with the way it sounds just stock. I got this 4 string to put out on open mic nites so as not to let just anyone use my EB/MM Stingray 5. It came with Fender strings and a search of some BP archives indicates to first change out to better strings and you may get the sound you are looking for. And I also found a story on aftermarket pups comparison. Just from what I read and what sound I am looking for I think Seymor Duncan Antiquity II's are what I would want, but they seem pricey at about 2 bills and I am guessing they will fit right in without any mods. But for my use, I can live with stock pups for now and just get some better strings. Hope that does it for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I installed these beasts a week ago (finally) and have been playing with them foor a while now. Definitely a huge improvement, they sound bigger and fatter and tastier all around. One thing I have noticed that is a lot nicer is how much better they deal with really low chord work. With the old ones, any time I played any lower chords, it was just a muddy roar, now it is a lot more defined. This seems odd to me but I aint complaining.

So long story short: Squire MB4 + Quarterpounder pickups = tasty.

Archived