Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BIG OUCH!

ErnoE

While setting up at a gig,I set my EB/MM stingray 5 on my guitar stand and as I turned around to walk away I heard it fall. It tipped forward face first onto the concrete surface due to a dip I had not noticed. :mad: I proceeded to play 4 sets with no apparent problems but could have some unseen damage occurred by this fall? Just noticed a small scratch at the very top of the headstock. The stand went down with it and I don't think it bounced around once it fell. Could this have affected the neck or body? Suppose I could just take it to a service tech to be safe, ya reckon?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's happened to me once. I almost cried.

I just continually checked for any differences in action or intonation...didn't hear any.

If you feel as though something is wrong, a tech is always a good idea.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Honestly, if you notice no difference in playability, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure there is no internal bleeding to stop. :)

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I'd be upset. When I bought my ASM jazz @ GC, I pulled it out of the box and hit the headstock on the stairs, giving it a little knick (attitude), before I even got it out of the store! :(

Vince

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." ~ Pablo Picasso

I would like to reiterate what everyone else is saying, if you notice that the electronics are acting up, or that the playability has changed then concern yourself with getting it checked out. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, my custom fender jazz 4 fell forward off of a stand and hit a concrete floor. But after a neck adjustment, and going over the preamp to make sure it was working properly, I finished the gig. Never had a problem from it after that.

Yep, it sure broke my heart to hear my baby take a fall, but so far all seems well. I just bought a new MIM fender jazz cause one of my bands just started hosting the sunday open mic at a nearby icehouse and I did not want to put my stingray out for just any duffer to play on. Nice little bass. But it always seems when I go to music stores and try different basses, they seem to feel great, the strings feel new of course but to me the strings also seem really nice and low to the fretboard. Is it necessary to have my bass setup about each year or so? Or it could just be that I am used to the feel of my bass and that new car smell ;) just fools my fingertips?

Once a bass is set up to your preferences, you shouldn't have to mess with it anymore. That being said, if you change strings and go to a different guage or type, you may need to slightly adjust the bridge, but thats about all. Have you had a tech actually set up the bass to your liking, or is it just like you bought it? A skilled tech can tweak it so that it feels "just right". Don't go by what someone else likes as far as action.... you're the one playing it, get it set it up for you.

Rock on....

Archived