Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I WANNA ROLL MY OWN DAW

I can't wait to get the new EQ with the dual processor tutorial. I'm playing with the thought of building my own since a while now, and I think the time has come. I have a question about Windows XP though: In Craig's thread someone mentioned that he will go back to 2000, since he's not satisfied with XP. I want a pure audio-machine, that is not even connected to the internet, is that possible with XP? Are'nt there some regular updates that XP does by itself that requires the computer to be online? tom
"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by sunsetman: [b]In Craig's thread someone mentioned that he will go back to 2000, since he's not satisfied with XP. I want a pure audio-machine, that is not even connected to the internet, is that possible with XP? [/b][/quote]Let me clarify what I said, Tom. I have no beef with XP's performance. In fact, it's great. My problem has to do with the activation scheme used by XP. Since Windows 2000 works identically to XP (XP is essentially 2000 with a new face) in my system there is no real reason for me to use XP at the moment.

Archived