Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Weeeee're Off To See The Wizard . . .

moot

I'm excited. In 8 days, I will embark on a pilgrimage. I will toil some 108 miles to the Mecca de jour, Vacaville, California, to see our most humble Guru, Jeremy play at a tree lighting celebration.

Accompanying me on this journey will be my beautiful wife and young son. When I told my wife what I had planned she immediately refered to distance and the "school night" issue.

"Think of it as going to see the Pope." - Nothing but a wry glance.

"But honey, He plays at 6:00. We'll meet him before the gig and hang out for a couple songs." - Still skeptical.

"He's playing with a motown band."

Ears perk - head turns slightly sideways. "Really?"

"Yeah! And the outlets are really close so we can go down early and do some Christmas shopping."

Ding Ding Ding . . .Winnah!

I didn't have to play the Starbucks or In&Out Burger card. I love her.

anyway, I also will have the opportunity to meet our own young BGO and that is exciting also. Any lowdowners in the vacinity, let's do this! Did I tell ya' I'm excited?

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job with the wife-convincing. When i get married (gotta get a gf first) i'll definitely refer to you, the flatulator, for the persuasion advice.

california is soo far away.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Wow, Auburn, Vacaville, Davis, all towns I used to see on the weather channel when I was living in San Francisco, and I was always like, hmm wonder what its like out there.

I met a girl one weekend in SF turns out she went to UC Davis. I drove out there to see her once and she showed me around campus :D

I met a lot of girls in SF. I remember another girl who lives in Santa Cruz and graduated from the UC there. (go slugs) She took me down there one weekend and we had a great time.

I gotta make it back out to the left coast.

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

"Weeeee're Off To See The Wizard": the song (and the post subject line):

It's been stuck in my head for two days now.

I do have to admit - it's not as bad as having "It's a Small World, Afterall" for an ear worm!

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Never west of PA? Holy cow man!! You're missin' some seriously beautiful country!

Rocky Mountains, Utah Monuments, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Arizona desert, Oregon Coast rainforests, Pacific Ocean, San Francisco, etc., etc.

And of course the California Weather. Today it will be a brisk ;) 65 degrees. Roughin' it!!

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived